Account Manager, Pre-AP/SpringBoard Program
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Account Manager position in the Pre-AP/SpringBoard Program. This position will be based at a College Board office.
About the College Board
We are a mission focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators; and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities and Advocacy.
About the position
The Pre-AP/SpringBoard Account Manager is responsible for providing overall inside sales and sales support to secondary education regional accounts. The Account Manager works with Pre-AP/SpringBoard Sales Managers to identify, plan and execute business opportunities to grow existing accounts and engage new accounts in assigned territories. The person in this role delivers sales presentations, and provides in-depth customer service and program support for program offerings in Pre-AP/SpringBoard, maintains all account contact information, account profiles, and updated data and reports for assigned territory. As a member of the Pre-AP/SpringBoard sales team, the SpringBoard Account Manager has defined sales objectives and revenue targets within designated states and/or regions. Primary responsibilities include the development of detailed account planning and consultative sales strategies, delivery of online sales presentations and the management of communications with key decision-makers at targeted prospect organizations. Project Management experience is desired.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for working independently to manage sales activity in an assigned geography through inside sales initiatives to build the sales pipeline and providing ongoing customer service support and product information, all remotely, via telephone, email, and webinars.
- Manage and execute customer/stakeholder outreach and market development activities through effectively engaging with customers, the sales team and upper management team members in order to attain and surpass sales team goals, as provided by Pre-AP/SpringBoard leadership.
- Manage and execute sales and implementation process for targeted and assigned accounts. This includes scheduling and managing account planning meetings, determining and proposing appropriate mix of Pre-AP and SpringBoard product offerings for target customers, providing clear and timely communications to internal and external stakeholders, analyzing and researching district data to build institutional profiles, monitoring pipeline activity to identify growth opportunities, and coordinating special outreach initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for improvement throughout the pre-sale cycle using lean principles, contribute recommendations for improving the efficiency and value-add in inside sales representative daily activities. Assess sales opportunities; and develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; soliciting new accounts; building rapport; providing technical information and explanations; and preparing quotations.
- Demonstrate ability to close sales and overcome customer objections.
- Serve as point of contact for key accounts. Complete calls to districts and schools as appropriate to follow up on status of orders, upcoming events and/or meetings.
- Maintain working knowledge of the Pre-AP/SpringBoard product portfolio, as well as competing products and competitors.
- Forecast, track, and report out on key account metrics through Salesforce, as determined by Pre-AP/SpringBoard leadership.
- The ideal candidate must have experience building relationships with C-Level contacts within a customer or prospect and must function comfortable in a fast- paced performance environment.
Marketing & Outreach
- Work closely with Pre-AP/SpringBoard Product Management and Sr Director, Sales Strategy and Operations to develop, manage, track, and report out on marketing and call campaigns for assigned accounts and territory. This includes campaigns for updated products and pricing, new marketing collateral, professional learning opportunities, and renewal outreach.
- Coordinate and draft regular account communications regarding updates on Pre-AP/SpringBoard conferences, newsletters, new programs and services, and special initiatives to help build and strengthen account relationships.
- Follow-up on post conference activities, including providing requested information and setting follow-up meetings.
- Monitor and ensure that Salesforce entries are completed in a timely and correct manner including up-to-date contact and visit documentation in CRM system.
- Coordinate basic PowerPoint presentations for operational reviews, sales manager visits, virtual presentations, and other team presentations.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with secondary schools or school districts, either as an instructor, administrator or professional at education management organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong preference for project management experience
More about you
- Committed to expanding educational opportunity
- An empathetic listener and willing collaborator
- Clear, compelling and persuasive in your communications
- Eager to create, maintain and activate relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly organized
- A team player
- Willing to travel
- Adaptable, diligent and autonomous
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Comfortable with SalesForce or similar CRM platforms
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.