Associate Director, AP Program Management
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Associate Director of AP Program Management.
The Associate Director/Director, AP Program Management will help to grow, sustain, and mobilize one of Advanced Placement’s new programs, AP with WE Service. AP with WE Service provides students with the opportunity to apply their classroom work to the real world through service learning.
This position will develop sound operational processes, carry out engagement strategies to ensure strong program implementation, and manage marketing and outreach efforts to support program expansion. This individual will support the planning and implementation of clear and actionable strategies and work plans to strengthen and expand the AP with WE Service Program.
What you do:
- Manage and maintain the annual project plan by scoping and documenting milestones and deliverables, proactively communicating with key stakeholders, identifying risk and challenges, and ensuring timely completion of program projects.
- Track operational budget and ensure alignment with annual forecast
- Develop scalable operational processes for customer data management system
- Manage program contracts, reimbursements, and work orders
- Support development of new modules and initiatives to drive program expansion
- Manage all aspects of the annual Teacher Summit, including curating the attendee list, designing session flow, and managing event logistics and communications.
- Build a repository to collect student project examples and track exemplary program implementations. Identify opportunities to leverage projects for marketing and outreach
- Coordinate the development of communication and implementation assets such as our Communications toolkit, resource kit, and teacher/student resources.
- Oversee the AP with WE Service community and manage the AP with WE Service Inbox, responding to inquiries from current/potential users, and escalating as needed.
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining participation data and program metrics and using data to understand behavior and trends and make recommendations to enhance user experience.
Marketing and Outreach:
- Help carry out the marketing and communications plan to drive program adoption including the development of emails, brochures, and conference presentations
- Responsible for identifying program champions to support market outreach efforts
- Maintain website content and coordinate web production requests to ensure program information is current, accurate, and effective
- Support the compilation of web analytics and campaign key performance indicators, help identify user behavior and trends, and make recommendations to enhance user experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant program management, project management and/or operations experience are required, preferably in the education industry.
- the ability to develop repeatable, scalable processes, or improve existing processes and are creative when responding to tough business and operational problems.
- experience moving major projects forward with minimal oversight, and can adapt to new information, situations, or challenges with minimal guidance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; You possess the ability to pull relevant complex information and simplify it to allow for clear and concise communication and know how to target your presentation style, written or oral, to different audiences.
You also have:
- Strong analytical thinking skills and a data-driven approach to decision-making and prioritization. Ability to forecast and measure using appropriate metrics.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail; you possess the ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with smartsheet and Salesforce, a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel 15% of the time
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted