Associate Director, Talent Management
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Associate Director, Talent Management. This position is based in our New York City Office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. In this role, you will have a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Associate Director of Talent Management, reporting to the Senior Director, Talent Management with a dotted line into the VP, HR supports enterprise performance management and employee engagement processes. In this role, you must think and act critically and have excellent analytical and technical skills to support the organization by collaborating as part of the Talent Management team.
What the Talent Management team does
Talent Management is a small, but mighty team that supports learning, engagement, and performance management efforts of the College Board for all levels of employees across all functions by strategically aligning initiatives to the College Board’s mission, vision, and competencies.
- Own the administration of our performance management platform (Saba TalentSpace) including, but not limited to designing, developing, and managing interim and annual processes (e.g., goal-setting, mid-year, 360 feedback, year-end, 6-month, etc.); providing end-user support; monitoring and following up with managers; and working with the vendor to resolve technical issues
- Plan for the future! Play a key role in coming up with ways to evolve our current performance management practices by staying current with the latest trends and providing recommendations and insights based on industry best practices
- Own the user experience for performance management including, but not limited to, creating and leveraging content to help staff better understand our philosophy; enhancing system user experience by potentially helping implementing a new platform; making processes agile, lean, and easy-to-grasp; and evaluating and recommending new tools
- Manage, track, review, and analyze metrics within performance management processes (e.g., compliance, ratings, year-over-year trends, etc.) and communicate findings to staff across all levels via formal presentations and visually-appealing dashboards (e.g., Excel and Power BI) on an ongoing and as-needed basis
- Develop and maintain change, learning, and communications plans for existing and new processes
- Partner with the Talent Management team to conduct train-the-trainer sessions for HR business partners, Chiefs of Staff, and others as needed
- Manage vendor relationship
- Own the administration of our employee engagement portal (Gallup) including, but not limited to, designing, developing, and managing annual and pulse engagement surveys and action planning; troubleshooting login issues; accessing data; and working with the vendor to resolve technical issues
- Work with leadership and Chiefs of Staff to identify special groups/teams for additional data (e.g., special cuts of data such as cross-divisional teams) and configure special groups/teams into portal
- Manage, track, review, and analyze metrics within employee engagement (e.g., participation rates, comparison by level and division, demographics, year-over-year trends, etc.) and communicate findings to staff across all levels via formal presentations and visually-appealing dashboards (e.g., Excel and Power BI) on an ongoing and as-needed basis
- Identify ways to evolve our current engagement practices by staying current with the latest trends and providing recommendations and insights based on industry best practices
- Support communications and learning materials design and development
- Provide standard and ad hoc reports to leaders, managers, and chiefs of staff
- Manage vendor relationship
Learning & Development
- Support the administration of our Learning Management System
- Support the design, development, and facilitation of content focused around professional, management, and leadership development
- Track, review, and analyze metrics within learning and development initiatives (e.g., participations rates, learner satisfaction, feedback, etc.)
- Work on a variety of ad hoc projects as needed
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, or related (Master’s degree a plus)
- You have a minimum 4-6 years of related experience (5-7 years a plus)
- You have experience working with full life-cycle performance management and experience, or a demonstrated interest, with employee engagement
- You have excellent analytical skills and love presenting data in a variety of ways
- You are comfortable challenging existing ideas and introducing new ideas and simplified ways of working
More about you
- You have intermediate to advanced skill in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Power BI, etc.)
- You have excellent written and verbal skills to communicate concisely
- You have an understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design methodology
- You have strong attention to detail, organizational, and project management skills; Ability to manage multiple projects and keep them on track
- You have a proven ability to analyze data and provide analytics and insights for recommendations and process improvements
- You have experience introducing and implementing new systems and technology
- You are comfortable navigating ambiguous environments and managing change
- You’re able to travel (up to 10-20%) as needed
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.