Video Instructional Designer Manager
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Video Instructional Designer Manager for our Advanced Placement program. This position is based in our New York City headquarters.
About the College Board
We are a mission focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators; and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities and Advocacy.
About Advanced Placement (AP®)
AP® is a rigorous academic program built on the commitment, passion and hard work of students and educators from secondary schools and higher education. With 38 courses in a wide variety of subject areas, AP provides willing and academically prepared high school students with the opportunity to study and learn at the college level. Learn more at https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/exploreap
You will work with the Senior Director of AP Video Instruction, to build AP’s newest student-facing instructional product from the ground up. You will drive a new, high-visibility venture at the organization, building out interactive, AP curriculum-aligned digital lessons, reaching millions of AP teachers and students every year. You will be responsible for the end-to-end production of each video lesson – working closely with AP curriculum leads to create the objectives, instructional design and script for each lesson, with a designer & developer to implement this vision, and with the Production Manager and video team to ensure its production. The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to online learning and instruction and/or teaching experience.
What you’ll do
- With curricular guidance from Course Leads, write scripts, develop artboards, and support the development of interactive video lessons for selected AP courses and learning objectives
- Ensure learning objectives are being met for each video through regular reviews of scripts, test filming and finished videos.
- Ensure the accurate & on-time production of all videos, working with the internal stakeholders during writing, production manager during shoot, video vendor for edits post-production, and web team & product team(s) through online publication
- Oversee and provide feedback on the work of others who are not direct reports: collaborate to understand colleagues’ and/or external vendors’ work and identify areas for improvement.
- Evaluate video participation data to drive insights and continually improve metrics around student usage and impact on performance to inform product decisions for the Instructional Products team
- Partners with teams across the organization to ensure alignment of content to brand and recently developed resources and supports across the newly launched AP Classroom platform
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5+ years’ full-time experience in teaching, instructional design, and/or project management
- Possess a deep understanding of how to proactively conceptualize, script and edit well-thought out instructional videos.
- You have experience supporting large-scale projects – ideally, in the digital or education spaces – with complex, interrelated, work streams.
More about you
- Strongly committed to expanding educational opportunity.
- A problem solver, with excellent judgment and the ability to view situations and issues from multiple perspectives.
- Able to complete multiple projects with competing priority and complexity without compromising quality or brand standards
- Comfortable with accommodating different points of view.
- Clear and compelling in your communications.
- Able to quickly become a content-expert on an AP course
- A self-starter that thrives in fast-paced environments, and can stand up a functional process with limited oversight
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.