Spanish Test Development Specialist
The College Board, a national education organization, is conducting a search for a Business System Analyst for our Puerto Rico and Latin American Operations Department . This position is based in the College Board’s Puerto Rico office. This position is a 1-year term position with benefits, the position has a possibility of extension.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This role requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
Provide content expertise in the Spanish test development for the PAA practice and other secondary programs. Participate in workshops and conferences to provide training/or act as a speaker related to the content expertise of the test development.
- Work with the Executive Director of Test Development to complete the Spanish PAA practice
- Develop and evaluate new items to be incorporated in the PAA practice.
- Revise the item pool before and after submission to the PAA practice platform.
- Coordinate and conduct workshops for item writers.
- Perform the test assembly of the PAA test practice.
- Work with the Executive Director of Test Development to ensure compliance of test parameters for new PAA practice materials.
- Review and edit “first draft” of tests for the assigned programs and delivers to the Executive Director of Test Development with the established quality controls.
- Assist with the selection of item writers.
- Collaborate with Product Management in congresses, and other external events.
- Provide support to the Executive Director of Test Development regarding the necessary training requirements to teachers, students, and school staff for the successful incorporation of the PAA practice.
- Provide support to product developer regarding the completion of the necessary support materials, such as videos and tutorials.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Doctorate or post graduate studies in Spanish preferred.
- Five years of experience performing similar duties.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Advanced level knowledge of test development process
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of test item construction, format, and style
- Knowledge of test assembly
- Computer literacy including advanced skill in Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to organize and plan work effectively
- The position maintains contacts with positions in various hierarchical levels within the organization with the purpose of giving and receiving information and coordinating work. Controversial issues are referred to the supervisor.
- The position requires contact with members of examination committees’ and editors as well with educational institutions.
- Receive general supervision by objectives from the Executive Director of Test Development.
- This position will be subject to a background check.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.