Social Media Content Creator
The College Board is looking for an energetic, creative, and resourceful person who is passionate about social media and design to join our direct marketing team. They will report into the Assoc. Director, Social Media.
The ideal candidate will be someone who lives and breathes social, is always up to date on trends and innovations and has a creative mindset of digital first. In their personal lives, they should be active and joyful creators and consumers of digital and social content. They should find digital consumer behavior interesting to track and fun to try to crack. They should use their insights as creative inspiration for content ideas that breakthrough the clutter.
The purpose of this role is to power an internal content creation engine. The successful candidate will work primarily with the Marketing team to develop and feed content into their product marketing strategies and drive engagement goals. The role also works with Brand Experience/Design and Video teams to create content that is rich, relevant, and consumable.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has experience with consumer brand that engages Gen Z, specifically a community of 14-19 year olds
- Develops impactful content ideas and concepts that extend marketing campaigns and branding initiatives
- Creates compelling social content that makes people excited to like, comment, and share
- Is competent across a wide array of social media channels including Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and Snapchat
- Is highly proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, photography, video editing, and other visual methods of communicating ideas and content
- Enjoys creative writing and finds concise and clear ways to share key messages
- Is imaginative and loves to create and experiment
- Ideate strategic, on-brand content for our social channels with a primary emphasis on Instagram and Snapchat
- Concept and present story ideas for all social media, including IG Stories, user generated content, influencer takeovers, etc.
- Develop and execute on-brand content that supports our core mission, communicates the brand and drives program follower and engagement goals
- Be resourceful in creating tons of engaging social content independently or partnering with Brand/Design, Video and Editorial teams
- Collaborate with marketing to develop social content for program campaigns and extend across marketing channels (for example: email, push notifications)
- Assist in tracking and monitoring real-time analytics for all content published in efforts to enhance our data-driven social strategies
- Monitor social media content posts for feedback and questions from followers and identifying issues that need to be resolved
- Increase our appeal to audiences by understanding their preferences, track digital behavior and uncover trends using internal research, 3rd party sources, and testing/learning
- Maintain a social content calendar to ensure College Board programs have a strong content pipeline at all times that both motivates, educates and engages our students and parents
- Stay up-to-date with changes across our social platforms, trends, capabilities and technology to ensure maximum effectiveness
- Source props and styling for still life photo shoots
- Help maintain and organize content assets
SPECIFIC SKILLS NEEDED:
- High-level command of social platforms, tools and features
- Familiarity with social media publishing and listening tools and channel specific features
- Ability to create content real-time and deliver under quick turnaround times
- Adobe Photoshop
- Light Photography and editing
- Direct/Manage videography and editing
- Light animation (for gifs)
- Strong copywriting skills for engaging and thoughtful social copy
- 2-3 years of experience in creating, reviewing, scheduling, or publishing social content for a brand, influencer, or digital publisher
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing or related field with emphasis on digital publishing
- A developed eye for catchy and interesting content that can elevate social traffic and overall community engagement
- Ability to predict, anticipate, and respond to trends and engaging moments on various social platforms
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted