Associate Director, Search Engine Marketing
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Associate Director, Search Engine Marketing. The Associate Director, Search Engine Marketing is a hands-on owner and manager of paid search marketing efforts. This role fills a critical function within a growing digital marketing team and will be responsible for full program P&L. This role will be responsible for the formulation of SEM campaign structures, keyword management and research, landing page optimization, keyword bidding, creation of ad copy, A/B testing, and any other capability that is necessary for the business to drive revenue generation, hit key metrics, and maximize results.
- Manage daily execution and optimization of paid search campaigns including bid management, budget allocation, performance monitoring, keyword expansion, ad copy development and testing, etc.
- Ensure success of executions, programs, and identify and develop creative strategies to further enhance conversion and drive revenue on paid search campaigns.
- Develop effective keyword management and execute strategies.
- Conduct measurable A/B tests on ad copy and landing pages with the goal of increasing conversion.
- Track, measure, report, and analyze for further optimization of all initiatives and generation of new ideas.
- Optimize copy and landing pages for paid search engine marketing campaigns.
- Maintain relationships with search engines to test new-to-market offerings.
- Analyze the blended reporting of SEM/SEO to drive the business and use to optimize programs.
- Understand and communicate SEM best practices and new advancements and present recommendations for updated, effective strategies.
- Daily tracking of ad spends and budgets.
- Develop post-campaign reports including samples, highlights and recommendations.
- Executing tests, collecting and analyzing data, identifying trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
PROVIDE OPERATIONAL SUPPORT:
- Assist the billing department with campaign information and reports
- Identify and communicate any issues related to campaigns
- Identify process inefficiencies and ways to improve operations workflow
- Participate in ad hoc projects to help grow College Board’s digital efforts
- The position will require collaboration with multiple departments including direct marketing, communications, editorial, and brand
- Minimum 3-5years experience in SEM, agency-side preferred.
- Proven track record of successful SEM strategy and implementation.
- Ability to collect data, analyze trends, identify strategic recommendations and present them in a logical manner.
- In-depth experience with bid management tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ability to synthesize, organize and present data) for interacting with internal clients of all levels and functions.
- Comprehensive understanding of keyword research and strong experience with ad copy development.
- Organized, self-motivated, hardworking, dedicated, with a strong sense of accountability.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, multi-tasking, attention to detail, problem-solver mentality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Certification in Google Ads
- Adobe Analytics Suite required
- Adobe Advertising Cloud required
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted