College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Lead Animator for our Advanced Placement program. This position is based in our New York City headquarters.
About the College Board
We are a mission focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators; and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities and Advocacy.
About Advanced Placement (AP®)
AP® is a rigorous academic program built on the commitment, passion and hard work of students and educators from secondary schools and higher education. With 38 courses in a wide variety of subject areas, AP provides willing and academically prepared high school students with the opportunity to study and learn at the college level. Learn more at https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/exploreap
The Lead Animator will work with the AP Video Instruction team, to build AP’s newest student-facing instructional product from the ground up. They will support a new, high-visibility venture at the organization, building out interactive, AP curriculum-aligned digital lessons, reaching millions of AP students every year. They’ll be responsible for creating the visual designs for all instructional video assets, and work to support the needs of both internal team members, as well as an external video vendor.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with Product Managers and external video vendor to understand & develop visual design assets needed for all instructional videos.
- Create storyboards, digital illustrations, animations, and assets required for all assigned video lessons.
- Develop understanding of AP course content to create effective visual designs and animations supporting curricular principles.
- Manage and deliver multiple simultaneous projects and deliverables on time with limited managerial oversight, and proactively communicate any roadblocks or tradeoffs.
- Provide art direction and production design as we develop and document the look, feel, and tone of instructional video.
- Design your workflow with efficiency, scale, and delegation in mind: create mood boards as well as reusable assets, graphics packages, and templates that can be used by vendors.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Indesign, Sketch, and other design and animation software – portfolio required.
- 3+ years’ experience in visual design, motion graphics, and animation
- You have experience supporting large-scale projects – ideally, in the digital or education spaces – with complex, interrelated, work streams.
More about you
- Strongly committed to expanding educational opportunity.
- Reliable, creative problem solves, with excellent judgment and the ability to view situations and issues from multiple perspectives.
- Highly detailed oriented and thorough.
- Clear and compelling in your communications.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.