Senior Director, Online Video Platform Strategy
The Senior Director, Online Video Platform Strategy will be responsible for developing and leading a new capability in AP, to build and deliver online instructional and informational video assets to AP teachers and students.
About the College Board
We are a mission focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators; and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities and Advocacy.
About Advanced Placement (AP®)
AP® is a rigorous academic program built on the commitment, passion and hard work of students and educators from secondary schools and higher education. With 38 courses in a wide variety of subject areas, AP provides willing and academically prepared high school students with the opportunity to study and learn at the college level. Learn more at https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/exploreap
About the Role
You will be responsible for defining the technological and operational requirements for the student-facing video delivery platform, user experience & instructional strategy for use of video across different audiences, and the production process for these assets. In addition, you will manage one or more production vendors to ensure high quality videos that meet the specifications. You will partner closely with the Senior Director, AP Classroom Instructional Products (who is responsible for the instructional design and video content of these offerings) to successfully deliver a suite of assets that serve the pedagogical needs of the AP Program as well as satisfying industry best practices for excellence in video-based instruction.
What You’ll Do
Capability Development and Platform Strategy. Responsible for building the new capability within the AP Program, to develop and deliver instructional video assets, and is the in-house expert on industry best-practice and requirements for a video platform.
- Leads the platform strategy and production for online video instructional assets. Develops platform and user experience requirements based on best practices in online learning delivery.
- Collaborates with Product team to develop a strategy and roadmap for video instruction integration into the existing AP platform [including increasingly sophisticated interactivity]
Digital Instructional Asset Development
- Partners closely with the SD, AP Classroom Instructional Products
- Receives instructional guidance from Course Leads that inform each video lesson’s requirements, i.e. learning objectives, specific practice problems, common misunderstandings that need to be addressed in the lesson
- Collaborates with Classroom Instructional Products team to ensure cohesion across print and digital instructional assets, for each lesson and course
- Create scripts for each video lesson, and/or supervises a Product Associate in the creation of scripts, through collaboration with Classroom Instructional Products team and Course Leads
- Set requirements and standards for video production and delivery. Supervised the Production Manager in overseeing video production and video delivery platform vendors to implement and prioritize those requirements.
- Manages production and implementation with production vendor and platform team. This includes managing and executing the strategy across multiple courses simultaneously. Manages external relationships relating to producing, editing and hosting lessons and practice.
- Ensures on-time and high-quality delivery all video assets.
- Provide process support, production, and general video expertise to teams scripting and creating video assets
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible work experience in a professional position in digital product management, EdTech, or a related field. Experience with educational video content is highly desirable.
More About You
- Proven ability to manage a high-performing team and work effectively with contributors from many other teams
- Product and project management skills to keep things moving across many different projects, activities, and production cycles at once
- Comfort in ambiguous situations, with ability to define goals as well as execute against them
- Knowledge of educational and pedagogical best-practices, or a desire to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to staff at all levels of the organization, vendors at all levels of organizations, educators and other constituents
- Ability to set measurable objectives and design tests to gauge performance
- Strong knowledge of current research on student learning and
- Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously and delegate work assignments effectively
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, including attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.