Associate Director, Membership
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a new position in the Membership Department. This position may be based out of the College Board Austin, TX office.
A strong internal candidate has been identified.
About the College Board
We are a mission focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators; and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities and Advocacy.
Members are part of a unique education community of over 6,000 diverse institutions. Member organizations include high schools, districts, higher education institutions and systems, nonprofits, and government agencies. Learn more at collegeboard.org/members.
About the position
The Associate Director, Membership is responsible for designing and implementing campaigns and event spaces that communicate the value of membership and the College Board mission. The individual in this role leverages written communication, presentation, and operational expertise to simultaneously build relationships with members and oversee seamless execution of event exhibits.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement a strategic approach to member recruitment
- Brainstorm, pilot, and implement new member benefits
- Conduct outreach aimed at engaging and supporting current members
- Establish strategy and manage operations for networking spaces at membership events
- Manage external exhibit program for select national conferences, including internal review process and exhibit execution
- Manage relationship and contract with exhibit house
- Oversee and manage relevant budgets
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working at an education management organization or a professional membership association
- Preference for experience in exhibit or event management
More about you
- Willing to travel
- Clear, compelling and persuasive in your communications
- Eager to create, maintain and activate relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Comfortable with SalesForce or similar CRM platforms
- Committed to expanding educational opportunity
- An empathetic listener and willing collaborator
- Adaptable, diligent and autonomous
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.