Director, Test Security Performance Measurement and Analytics
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Director, Test Security Performance Measurement and Analytics. This position is based in Reston, VA.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization, and powerful force in the lives of American students. To fulfill our purpose of clearing a path for students to own their future, we offer access, opportunity, and excellence to millions of students each year. Over the past five years, the College Board has been undergoing a transformation. We’ve redesigned the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, and many AP courses and exams, and we’ve introduced the PSAT 10, PSAT 8/9, and Official SAT® Practice on Khan Academy, all with great success.
The Director of Test Security Measurement and Analytics will work closely with the SAT, AP, CLEP and ACCUPLACER Programs and be responsible for all facets of work associated with forecasting, tracking, analyzing, measuring and reporting on SAT product data analytics. The Director will work closely with the product units to develop identify, forecast and track data analytics and key operational metrics.
The Director will work closely with the Senior Director to support the development of in-depth analyses and interpretations of our test security posture to help inform the health of our performance, identify deficiencies and anomalies, and identify areas for improvements.
The Director will work closely with Product / Program owners and staff, as well as key contacts in Operations, Psychometrics, Data Science, Finance, and other areas developing and strengthening collaborative efforts between the division and other departments across the College Board.
The Director,will report to the Senior Director Test Security.
- Provide center-of-excellence level tracking, reporting and analytics on test security for all Product units. Work closely with Product Managers to understand products deeply, and provide appropriate services to the product units to measure and report test security performance in threat detection, prevention and deterrence.
- Facilitate and manage, as a service unit to the product units, the development and delivery of appropriate monthly (and other periodic, as needed), departmental metrics and intelligence.
- Identify areas to address as revealed by metrics, analyze under-performance, and develop opportunities for improvement. Employ data visualization tools as a means to see and understand trends, outliers and patterns in test security data.
- Lead and manage setup of systems, tools, and support necessary to provide the reporting, and to service ad hoc inquiries and analyses. Manage the requirements gathering, development and implementation of all analytics and associated report needs including the design of simple, useful and timely reports. When appropriate, coordinate with Data & Technology Architecture to enhance current data access, reporting and analysis capabilities.
- Represent Test Security Department equities and strategic goals in coordination and collaboration with Psychometrics and Data Science Departments.
- Monitor performance targets and metrics for division and provide in-depth analyses/reports of progress against targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Prepare and deliver summary analyses and trend reports for division to inform program performance and growth.
- Work closely with Operations and external investigation vendors to resource critical information pursuant to test security investigations.
- Supporting data analysts (internal / external / contract / consultant) Program and Product staff, as applicable
- CB.com and Data Management, as applicable
- Research and Psychometrics, as applicable
- Finance staff, as applicable
Key touch-points for accumulating data and research, as applicable, via third-party research sources, industry functions, and various customer touch-points
- Master’s degree (desirable but not required) OR BA/BS and equivalent applicable experience in data analytics
- 5+ years performing data intensive performance measurement and analyses, preferably within a product management or educational environment.
- Candidates must have experience managing large-scale data-intensive analytics projects.
- Candidates must have demonstrated proficiency with MS Access, or other database and analysis packages, as well as superior Excel and PowerPoint skills. Experience with Cognos or other business intelligence tools is desirable.
- Candidates should have knowledge of, and experience with, basic compliance or investigative protocols.
- Project management skills and experience are very desirable.
- Experience working in educational products and services industry, K-12 education or college admissions a plus.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Strong analytical thinking and structured problem-solving ability, use of superior logic and analytic skills to decompose complex strategic challenges.
- Ability to think creatively about how to solve test security challenges; strong ability to understand and internalize the “big” picture and broader implications. Must have more than database skills, must be able to draw strategic insight from data and articulate the value of the insight within the strategic framework.
- Ability to develop, implement and track metrics to maximize test security efforts and ensure SLA compliance.
- Ability to plan, structure, and complete detailed test security analyses with minimal supervision.
- Ability to plan for, manage and successfully complete multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively motivate and lead junior team members and peers in data analysis efforts, without direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Interest in and ability to provide guidance and mentorship to junior colleagues.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse set of colleagues, from different organizations, disciplines, etc. as a team member or as a team leader, as required
- Ability to work and contribute as part of a larger team, working towards an overarching organizational goal
- Strong work ethic
- High energy level and enthusiasm
- Strong sense of personal integrity and honesty
- Detail orientation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Flexible and adaptable--ability to reprioritize at a moment's notice
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Exceptional written, verbal, communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Strong MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint skills
- Willingness to travel globally in support of test security investigations, audits and key partner engagements – language proficiency is a plus.
This position will be subject to a background check.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.