Product Owner PowerFAIDS Cloud
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Product Owner PowerFAIDS Cloud for our Enrollment Department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
While best known for assessments like the SAT and courses like Advanced Placement, the College Board is also a pioneer and leader in the field of Financial Aid, offering a wide range of solutions ranging from a Net Price Calculator, a common institutional financial aid application and PowerFAIDS, a leading end-to-end financial aid management system.
PowerFAIDS has announced an ambitious, transformative roadmap to re-establish the product as a Software as a Service offering, PowerFAIDS Cloud, while also providing better support for emerging education models and stronger integrations to other campus systems. You will be a product leader among the product owner team to drive the development and launch of PowerFAIDS Cloud.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial product owner who understands technology product management. We need a collaborative professional who will join our product team and provide continuous energy to the transformation roadmap, maintains a close relationship with our large user community and can effectively translate user needs into actionable requirements.
What you’ll do
- Serve as one of the product owners on multi-scrum team initiative to translate program vision into technical product requirements, with a particular emphasis on documentation of business rules, data specifications and data flows.
- Drive and integrate usability studies, user research, and market analysis into product requirements to increase user engagement and product impact. Stay focused on user and student success, even as the challenges of a large organization and a complex educational system can seem overwhelming.
- Own elaboration of user stories as assigned and work closely with UX, architects and developers to optimize the implementation of user stories with usability, accessibility, and security in mind.
- Participate in user acceptance testing activity with a keen eye toward high product quality.
- Partner with cross-functional team to optimize customer conversion and migration strategy; and identify support and sales partner strategy.
- Represent the College Board and PowerFAIDS to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practices in both technology development and financial aid fields.
- You possess 5 to 7 years of experience and a track record of success in a combination of product analysis, requirements analysis and technology product development.
- You have worked with scrum teams, stipulated product backlog items, elaborated user stories and contributed to story mapping sessions for at least two years.
- You have participated in user acceptance testing and documented findings for at least two years.
- You have been a member of a scrum team for the launch and adoption of a scaled technology product or platform with complex, interrelated, work streams.
- Familiarity with accessibility concepts and standards a plus.
- Financial aid management systems and financial aid process experience a plus.
More about you
- Innovation – Moves quickly to a rough-and-ready solution that can be tested against user needs.
- Command of evidence - Demonstrates ability to efficiently and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Get it done attitude - Owns a willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done well.
- Proactive - Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the organization.
- Teamwork - Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisor and project leaders to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Listening skills - Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints, often before asserting his/her own viewpoint.
- Persuasion - Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.