Digital Product Manager
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Digital Product Manager. This position can be based in Reston, VA, Washington, DC or, New York, NY.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization, and powerful force in the lives of American students. To fulfill our purpose of clearing a path for students to own their future, we offer access, opportunity, and excellence to millions of students each year. Over the past five years, the College Board has been undergoing a transformation. We’ve redesigned the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, and many AP courses and exams, and we’ve introduced the PSAT 10, PSAT 8/9, and Official SAT® Practice on Khan Academy, all with great success.
The College Board is re-imagining our digital experiences with a focus on the end-to-to end user journey, creating tailored experiences for each of our audience types. We are looking for an experienced product leader to drive big ideas to concept and collaborate with product leaders and agile development teams across the organization to bring the concept to life.
The Digital Product Manager should have proven success leading the full digital product development lifecycle, including user research, solution development, feature validation, and delivery of innovative, impactful digital products at scale.
ABOUT YOUR WORK
In this position, you will:
- Help manage a shared program vision across the organization; ensure program objectives and updates are communicated to stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Leverage an Agile mindset to collaborate with a diverse set of experience designers and technologists to solve critical business problems.
- Collaborate with portfolio and program managers, product leaders, and enterprise IT leaders across our organization to develop and maintain a prioritized cross-portfolio roadmap.
- Articulate the product vision through tools such as roadmaps, backlogs, user stories, and acceptance criteria.
- Lead the analysis and planning of initiatives and features into a prioritized and sequenced backlog of epics and stories for scrum teams.
- Act as the product owner for scrum teams, participating in all scrum ceremonies, feeding and maintaining the backlog, and conveying the long-term product vision and short-term goals for sprints.
- Conduct product and market research in collaboration with the internal and external researchers. Prioritize across multiple opportunities and stakeholder needs using deep empathy and understanding of students, company strategy and market trends.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practices in both technology development and methods for empowering college access.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Mission driven - Strongly committed to expanding educational opportunity.
- Inquisitive and solution-oriented — Has a passion for learning and looks to apply new knowledge to practical solutions.
- Master of the details that matter – Pursues excellence rather than perfection, based on a keen understanding of user needs.
- Adapts quickly—Demonstrates ability to efficiently and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Get it done attitude— Owns a willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done well.
- Innovative – Moves quickly to a rough-and-ready solution that can be tested against user needs.
- Collaborative— Builds strong relationships with collaborators and leverages their strengths and resources in strategic ways.
- Productive —Plans, organizes, schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses people on key priorities.
- 7+ years of experience and a track record of success in a combination of digital product development (required), digital product management (required), education technology, or consumer facing digital platforms.
- Experience in the development of and execution against an integration strategy and product roadmap that includes content management, data, services, and application.
- Successfully led the design, launch, and adoption of a large-scale digital ecosystem with multiple audience segments, technology platforms, product integrations and stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of how to manage projects that involve constructing taxonomic logic trees, rules engines, and personalization logic using methodologies that allow for scaling over time.
- Experience developing digital products for students, high schools or colleges, and understanding of the unique challenges associated with education technology a plus.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.