Director, Digital Product Management
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Director, Digital Product Management. This position is based New York, NY.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization, and powerful force in the lives of American students. To fulfill our purpose of clearing a path for students to own their future, we offer access, opportunity, and excellence to millions of students each year. Over the past five years, the College Board has been undergoing a transformation. We’ve redesigned the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, and many AP courses and exams, and we’ve introduced the PSAT 10, PSAT 8/9, and Official SAT® Practice on Khan Academy, all with great success.
The College Board is re-imagining our digital experiences with a focus on the end-to-to end user journey, creating tailored experiences for each of our audience types. We are looking for an experienced product leader to drive big ideas to concept and collaborate with product leaders and agile development teams across the organization to bring the concept to life.
The Director, Digital Product Management should have proven success leading the full digital product development lifecycle with a proven track record in delivering digital products that generate substantial value. The Digital Product Manager will be responsible for providing oversight to a Digital Product Owner, ensuring adherence to agile ceremonies for scrum teams and maintenance of all necessary communications and documentation.
ABOUT YOUR WORK
In this position, you will:
- Collaborate and work closely with internal partners. From software engineering, UX/UI, and analytics, you will be fostering relationships with coworkers across the company to support their efforts while delivering digital features at scale.
- Leverage an Agile mindset to collaborate with a diverse set of experience designers and technologists to solve critical business problems.
- Report into Executive Directors and Executive Leadership on project health and risks, working with Program Managers to develop a regular cadence of communications.
- Collaborate with portfolio and program managers, product leaders, and enterprise IT leaders across our organization to develop and maintain a prioritized cross-portfolio roadmap.
- Define product direction, prioritize and manage features that will deliver best of class experience
- As the product owner for scrum teams, participating in all scrum ceremonies, feeding and maintaining the backlog, and conveying the long-term product vision and short-term goals for sprints.
- Conduct product and market research in collaboration with the internal and external researchers. Prioritize across multiple opportunities and stakeholder needs using deep empathy and understanding of students, company strategy and market trends.
- Work with Executive Directors to drive product strategy based on user research and testing, translating findings into prioritized initiatives and features.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practices in both technology development and methods for empowering college access.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Mission driven — Strongly committed to expanding educational opportunity.
- Inquisitive and solution-oriented — Has a passion for learning and looks to apply new knowledge to practical solutions.
- Strategic — Understands how to design products based on the intersection of business goals and user needs, using innovative design paradigms and latest technologies to create unique and effective experience features.
- Master of the details that matter — Pursues excellence rather than perfection, based on a keen understanding of user needs.
- Adapts quickly — Demonstrates ability to efficiently and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Get it done attitude — Owns a willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done well.
- Communicator – able to present to executive management often and in a compelling manner that emphasizes the important intersection of business and technology
- Innovative — Moves quickly to a rough-and-ready solution that can be tested against user needs.
- Collaborative Leader — Builds strong relationships with collaborators and leverages their strengths and resources in strategic ways. Can collaboratively drive teams and stakeholders with disparate goals. Provides clear direction to the Product Owner and regularly checks in to ensure they are properly supported.
- Productive — Well organized, able to multi-task, able to prioritize with minimal direction
- 9+ years of experience and a track record of success in a combination of digital product development (required), digital product management (required), education technology, or consumer facing digital platforms.
- Experience in the development of and execution against an integration strategy and product roadmap that includes content management, data, services, and application.
- Successfully led the design, launch, and adoption of a large-scale digital ecosystem with multiple audience segments, technology platforms, product integrations and stakeholders.
- Experience in managing Product Owners across a portfolio of work.
- Deep understanding of how to manage projects that involve constructing taxonomic logic trees, rules engines, and personalization logic using methodologies that allow for scaling over time.
- Experience developing digital products for students, high schools or colleges, and understanding of the unique challenges associated with education technology a plus.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous
retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.