Security Operations Analyst
The College Board is rapidly transforming itself into an agile organization, embracing DevOps and cloud-bative systems, and focused on improving speed and security of service delivery in support of an important mission. To enable this mission, the College Board is seeking a Security Operations Analyst to join its Security Engineering and Operations team. The role presents a great opportunity for an Analyst to join a dynamic team that is developing critical security systems to support its future state, cloud-based architecture.
The Security Operations Analyst will be responsible for executing operational activities on a wide range of security systems and applications. As a member of the Security Engineering and Operations team, the Security Operations Analyst will develop, implement, and maintain processes that support the College Board’s cyber security operations and practices.
The Analyst will provide daily support and administration of core systems and processes that span multiple environments, including on-premise data center hosted systems, cloud-based (AWS and Azure) solutions, SaaS/PaaS (sofware-as-a-service/platform-as-a-service) offerings, and corporate user domains.
The Security Operations Analyst must possess experience across multiple technical domains to ensure comprehensive security controls. These areas include network and host-based technologies such as firewalls and IDS/IPS systems, security monitoring and reporting tools such as SIEM’s, user access controls, anti-virus software, and data safeguards. The Security Operations Analyst helps to ensure that sound security and engineering practices are followed throughout the lifecycle of these systems.
What you’ll do
- Work directly with Security Engineering and Operations staff to manage next-generation firewall operations and maintenance activities including firewall rule development and implementation.
- Maintain and support SIEM platform operations to ensure appropriate system capacity, availability, and performance.
- Perform triage and troubleshooting of identified issues on security hardware and software applications and systems; identify and manage issues or problems that require escalation to senior staff or to vendor support personnel.
- Resolve internal customer information security issues and skillfully manage complex internal customer service
- Develop and update documentation and runbooks in support of security operational processes and procedures.
- Provide investigative support and assistance to teams that are responsible for security event and incident management practices. Develop and generate related reports, acknowledge and validate trigerred alerts, and respond to related inquiries and requests.The Security Operations Analyst will be responsible for supporting and contributing to the College Board’s efforts to safeguard and secure business-critical systems, applications, and data. The Analyst will provide hands-on expertise in implementing and maintaining security-based tools, systems, and processes.
- This role is expected to demonstrate strong communication skills, excellent organizational and task management skills as well as a deep and broad understanding of IT in general and IT Security in particular.
- Conduct log and system analysis for various security and network devices and platforms including firewalls, intrusion prevention/detection, file integrity monitoring, and data loss prevention systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or cyber security preferred.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in information security, including experience in the application and use of industry-standard information security systems and methodologies.
- Administrative-level experience with and knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience in network administration and enterprise-level network protocols and practices (e.g. routing, switching, and wireless technologies).
- Experience working with AWS and cloud based technologies is a plus.
More about you
- Solid knowledge of information security, computer architecture, and software and hardware protection schemes.
- Technical knowledge of security-related hardware and software solutions and services, particularly in technologies related to anti-virus/anti-malware, IDS/IPS systems, firewalls, and VPN solutions and services.
- Strong, technically-oriented verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, proven ability to track and successfully solve complex problems.
- Ability to work in small, dynamic teams with minimal direction. Ability to effectively participate in multiple projects and communicate on status and deadlines.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.