Senior Agile Coach
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Agile Coach, who will be resident in our Reston, Virginia office.
The coach will play a critical leadership role in the College Board organization to improve the partnership between service units and business units, enable greater transparency into delivery progress, create a culture of continuous improvement, identify and eliminate waste, improve quality, and increase delivery flow and value generated by teams. The coach will need to integrate information across the College Board and work with stakeholders throughout the organization at various level to influence change and help shepherd changes needed in IT, Operations, Finance, HR, Vendor Management, and Business Divisions.
The coach will assess and assist in overcoming organizational impediments that are hindering the College Board from realizing the benefits across programs and teams
What you’ll do
- Oversee and responsible for the Agile transformation for multiple teams that support significant lines of business at the College Board, including team level and scaled Agile across teams to enable to successful delivery of large strategic initiatives
- Facilitate team workshops to help new teams understand Agile and Lean principles, Scrum, Kanban, individual and team roles and responsibilities
- Lead in the creation, delivery and strategy of Agile Training to employees and contractors regarding College Board Agile processes, tools, and policies
- Help teams with sprint 0 planning and implementation, as well as provide ongoing Agile Coaching support for new Agile teams throughout multiple sprints
- Provide ad hoc coaching to teams that have implemented Agile but are in need of assistance to refine their processes
- Provide practical hands on mentoring to team members, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and managers of new and existing Agile teams
- Help teams set up their team boards, workflow automation, and automated reporting (Jira is the preferred Agile Tool)
- Assist organizations to define, prioritize, and decompose requirements in Product and Program Backlogs
- Evolve and maintain the Agile Maturity Assessment model, Assess team performance and Agile maturity and reporting findings to the Agile Center of Excellence (ACE)
- Support multiple Agile teams at the same time and report recommendations directly to teams and to the ACE for the establishment of best practices and standards for other teams
- Provide feedback to the Agile Center of Excellence on processes, policies, procedures, training, and tooling changes to better support the enterprise Agile transformation
- Facilitate and coordinate cross team planning workshops, and coach other scrum masters to facilitate cross team planning workshops
- Facilitate and coordinate cross team grooming sessions
- Lead and participate in Agile communities of practices
- Communicate value of Agile and Agile successes to others in the organization, including senior leadership
- Coach executives, managers, and business partners on Agile and their roles in the Agile transformation.
- Prepare and/or update organization-wide Agile artifacts and methodology documentation
- Help iterate on and provide recommendations to advance the Agile Transformation Roadmap
- Meet with and provide miscellaneous ad hoc support to Agile teams and Scrum of Scrums.
- Perform other work as requested and directed by the College Board and the Agile CoE
- Work with stakeholders to manage the portfolio of demand across service unit teams, improve budgeting and planning processes, and align work with organizational goals
- Provide thought leadership to help streamline budgeting, work intake, planning, and reporting processes. Analyze, provide recommendations, and help implement changes to budgeting, reporting, work intake, and planning to ensure processes support Lean and Agile principles Guides and influences metrics to increase organizational agility
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 7 years of progressively responsible work experience with cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams, and multi-disciplinary projects of high complexity to meet strategic goals
- 7-10 years of experience in Agile organizational transformations, project management, Agile, Coaching teams, managers and executives
- 4+ years of Agile implementation experience
More about you
- Outstanding training, presentation, and facilitation skills, including strong PowerPoint skills
- Must be able to develop and maintain productive working relationships with a wide variety of teams and leaders
- Demonstrated high level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate benefits of Agile
- Strong Scrum Master skills
- Demonstrated expertise working with KANBAN or SCRUMBAN
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to independently prepare and distribute important communication to various audiences
- Knowledge of scaling frameworks (e.g., Scrum of Scrums, SaFE, LeSS, and DaD)
- Knowledge and experience with cultural and organization change
- Experience training and mentoring teams
- Successful experience presenting to senior level executives.
- Preferred, but not required
- Experience doing TDD and DevOps
- Deep understanding of refactoring
- JIRA project and portfolio expertise
- Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner, Certified Scrum Professional, and Certified Scrum Trainer
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.