Assessment Specialist - Math
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Assessment Specialist - Math. This position can be based out of Iowa City, IA, New York, NY, Chicago, IL.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
As part of the Assessment Development and Design math team, the Assessment Specialist will assist in the development of new assessments and related products that support significant segments of the organization. The Assessment Specialist primarily participates in test item writing, test item reviewing, test item alignment, and test form review. He/she will also, on an organization-wide basis, utilize their expertise in mathematics, math instruction, curriculum, test development, and assessment.
What You’ll Do
• Work as part of a team in the development of new assessments in math, item development, and the analysis of statistical results. Write and review multiple-choice and constructed-response math items and related materials.
• Assist in the development of existing assessments and supporting products and services in the area of math assessment. Take part in committee meetings, particularly test form review sessions.
• Serve as a contact for internal and external expertise in math instruction, particularly as it relates to test development. Give presentations internally and externally in math assessment for College Board programs.
• Provide expertise in curriculum to internal and external clients, including working on alignments between College Board tests and national and state standards.
• Take part in the selection and training of vendors for test development projects and review vendor work for quality and accuracy.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of recent teaching experience in mathematics are required. Exposure to state and national curriculum standards is preferred. One to two years of experience in item writing, including development of multiple-choice and constructed-response items is preferred.
Preference will be given to candidates that bring expertise in cross-subject item development and/or proficiency in a specific area of mathematics instruction. Specifically, we desire candidates with experience developing math test items in social science and/or science contexts. Additionally, we desire candidates with experience teaching in specific areas of mathematics, including geometry, ratio/proportion and number theory, or math remediation for first-year college students.
More About you
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including oral presentation/public speaking skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Solid organizational, time, and task management skills
• Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to collaborate and exchange ideas
• Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
• Available to travel nationally
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.