College Board Search Senior Market Data Analyst
The College Board reaches millions of students every year through assessments like the SAT and courses like Advanced Placement. Since 1972, College Board’s Student Search Service® also leads the way in enabling the student to college connection. Research shows that students participating in the Student Search Service are more likely to enroll in college, particularly under-represented populations. More recently, the service has been expanded to also create a direct connection between participating students and some of the largest scholarship providers in the nation.
The College Board prides itself in providing excellent service to students, participating colleges and scholarship programs. It is critical we provide colleges the support they need to find the right students through a combination of best practices, research, user collaboration and College Board expertise. We recently launched an ambitious consultative program to better guide our Higher Ed colleagues, deepen relationships with them, and prove to them why they should make us their primary recruitment source. As a Senior Market Data Analyst, you will gather, analyze, interpret and apply data to develop and test strategies that propel our users to meeting their Enrollment challenges and attract new users to College Board Search. You’ll work collaboratively, in a team environment, that strives for continuous learning and rewards innovation.
Do you geek out using data to relentlessly pursue hypotheses until the case is solved? If so, read on!
What you will do
Deep Data Analysis
- Master and strengthen data sources, including but not limited to institutional and student patterns
- Build knowledge base of insights and learnings, for self and team
- Work with large and growing educational datasets using descriptive statistics and data visualization tools
- Use various data science and analytical techniques, including descriptive statistics, data visualization, modeling, regression analysis and more to reveal insights and answer business questions
- Develop, test and improve customer segmentation and targeting models
- Develop and continuously improve methods to measure impact of efforts, prove and disprove hypotheses
Campaign Strategy, Planning and Development
- Use data analysis and collaboration to inform targeting, timing, priority, strategy, preparation, pitch and outreach in upcoming Search sales and lead gen campaigns
- Understand the higher education landscape and leading practices in direct and digital marketing
- Develop approaches to analyze outreach outcomes
- Work collaboratively to develop campaign strategy including who, how, what and when
- Lead development, planning and measurement of specific campaigns including planning, pitch, internal training, and development of high-powered sales toolkit
- Leverage Salesforce for campaign tracking, reporting, and follow up
- Identify, use and measure various marketing techniques to optimize web channels and generate leads in target segments
- Consider and test triggered drip communication campaigns in Salesforce and develop campaign dashboards, salesforce reporting tools, etc.
- Plan and execute first communication to campuses in selected Sales campaigns to develop consultation opportunities
- 4-6 years of related experience and a track record of success in a combination of data analytics, marketing, sales, higher education
- Strong foundation in statistical analysis
- Experience coping nimbly with imperfect data
- An excellent communicator and listener who helps others understand both problems and solutions
- Someone who knows how to tell a story with their data
- A strong team player who enjoys helping their teammates succeed
- Master’s in a quantitative discipline a plus
- Experience working in regulated industries, higher education a plus
- Experience conducting analyses in Excel, developing and communicating compelling PowerPoint presentations
- PowerBI, Tableau a plus
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Organization and planning—Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. A master of the details that matter.
- Adapts quickly—Demonstrates ability to efficiently and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Get it done attitude— Owns a willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done well.
- Entrepreneurial and Proactive—Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the organization.
- Teamwork—Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Listening skills—Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints, often before asserting his/her own viewpoint. Exceptional ability to build relationships across a mid-sized, geographically dispersed organization.
- Persuasion—Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
This position may be subject to a background check.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.