System Analyst, Digital Operations Center (DOC)
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a System Analyst, Digital Operations Center (DOC) for our IT department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
This role will be responsible for data analysis and correlating events for predictive and preventative controls, creating logic to pinpoint the root cause of an outage or service degradation and configuring automated alerting.
What you’ll do
- Employs production monitoring tools to ensure that all systems & applications are running
- Analyze environment capacity and alert thresholds ensuring thresholds are accurately configured with evolving traffic and workloads.
- Provide product and system availability metrics and identify SLA violations.
- Actively analyze historical monitoring and incident data correlating issues to quantify problems, with escalation to the problem management team
- Able to independently resolve incidents to service restoration within established service level objectives.
- Demonstrate advanced troubleshooting capabilities narrowing the investigation of incidents that aren’t “Standard” and reducing time to restoration
- Ensures all incidents are properly annotated closed within and across shifts.
- Make recommendations to improve the key NOC process areas: event management, incident management and problem management.
- Carry out routine administrative tasks: e.g. deployments, adding capacity, implementing changes (RFCs)
- College graduate or at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Hands-on experience in UNIX/Linux systems, scripting (Bash, Ruby, Python) and networking concepts.
- Experience deploying and managing applications using a public cloud provider.
More about you
- Maintain Principal Relationships with all technology-related staff with the purpose of fulfilling monitoring, reporting, and incident management responsibilities for enterprise-wide systems.
- Maintains close relationships with staff involved in all levels of load testing, batch job processing, and network operations activities
- Experience with New Relic Query Language (NRQL)
- Knowledge of Selenium , Ansible, Chef, Python, Lambda, API’s.
- Experience managing application logs, creation of alerts and maintaining production systems.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.