Director, IDOC (Financial aid Services)
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Director, IDOC for our Enrollment Department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
We look for a Director who will continue to streamline and improve our leading financial aid service IDOC. You will be a key part of the team that leverages new technology and creates new features to enhance our tools for students and colleges alike. You will have direct responsibility for managing the product life-cycle for IDOC. You will play a critical role in product-level concept development innovation.
- Oversee full life-cycle product management activities: needs analysis, concept creation, requirements definition, user acceptance testing, early adoption, release readiness, and post launch optimization
- Manage day- to- day tactical activities related to in-market product. You’ll be accountable for operational excellence and continuous improvement of the IDOC service, including customer service, new user on-boarding, documentation, and interacting with advisory groups as a product lead.
- Play a lead role in analyzing user needs and developing business requirements and mock user interface design activities for IDOC. These activities may include user interviews, focus group, and cross-functional team concept development. Documentation of requirements may take the shape of business use cases, specifications, mock-ups, workflow charts and diagrams.
- Maintain and develop the full product backlog including the list of requested enhancements. Groom and prioritize the backlog for implementation of yearly business improvements to meet the goals of overall product and integrated Enrollment strategy.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to implement the product vision and successfully enhance the product.
- Ensure product documentation is up-to-date, including creation and publication of both written and electronic media and coordinate flow of information with a variety of internal and external partners.
- You possess 5+ years of experience and a track record of success in financial aid administration. Direct on-campus enrollment management experience is desired; experience working effectively with technology providers and interactive agencies a plus.
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies and experience interacting deeply with an IT team.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to organize and document complex and detailed information in a clear and concise manner.
- Solid product or project development and management skills. Ability to effectively persuade, explain, negotiate solutions, both internally and with external constituencies.
- Proven communication skills. Ability to present complex topics and lead interviews, group discussions and analyses.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond effectively to changing customer and business needs.
More About you
- Organization and planning—Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses people on key priorities.
- Inquisitiveness and problem solving— Has a passion for learning and looks to apply new knowledge to practical solutions.
- Master of the details that matter – Pursues excellence rather than perfection, based on a keen understanding of user needs.
- Adapts quickly—Demonstrates ability to efficiently and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Get it done attitude— Owns a willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done well.
- Teamwork—Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Listening skills—Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints, often before asserting his/her own viewpoint.
This position may be subject to a background check.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.