Assistant Director, School Day Customer Support
Assistant Director, School Day Customer Support
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a for our Assistant Director, School Day Customer Support department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Assistant Director is the individual in the College Board customer service department primarily accountable for serving as point of contact on all contract-related customer service matters. Additionally, this individual is responsible for ensuring that all new assessment program Operations process exceptions are identified and resolved. The Assistant Director reports directly to the Director of School Day Customer Support.
The Assistant Director will work closely with key partners within the customer service vendor sites to ensure compliance to established Program policies and business procedures. The Assistant Director will also work closely with members of the Program group(s) and other Operational business partners to ensure that all customer service cases/matters are properly processed, handled, and resolved within a timely manner. This includes both the execution and communication of known alternate flows and exceptions resolutions.
Specifically, escalated cases or procedural exceptions may occur between or within any of the external vendors or internal College Board departments. The Assistant Director will be responsible for ensuring these cases and exceptions are resolved in a timely manner and within the specified guidelines and policies of various internal departments such as, but not limited to, the College Board Programs, Customer Service, Finance, Operations and IT.
What you’ll do
- Primarily assist State and District Partnership constituents (SDP) with direct customer contact (District/School/Institutions) including, but not limiting to, the following needs:
- Make outreach to schools and/or districts to review required documents for School Day assessments
- Support Services for Students with Disabilities setup and accommodations status
- Educating customers on the process of signing up for SAT School Day and other applicable assessments
- Ensure order deadlines are met
- Delivering customer information to the internal team(s) in Operations in support of SDP constituents
- Provide operational readouts on customer inquiries and trends
- Provide status reporting for key implementation milestones
- Serve as business contact between the customer service operations group and all of the internal departments and external vendors to address and resolve processing exceptions and/or escalated customer service cases. Establish a strong relationship with each of the College Board departments listed above and external vendors, specifically the various contract, district, state and Program partnerships.
- Must fully understand all of the Program operations processes, particularly those for Registration, Test Administration, Scoring, Score Reporting and Customer Service. Must understand these operational activities from end to end to ensure all escalated concerns are adequately addressed across all of the affected departments and vendors.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in written format issue investigation status, as well as complex Program policies to consumers, to include high school guidance counselors, district and state representatives and other related educational professionals.
- Ability to work within aggressive timelines and with extremely sensitive assessment cases.
- Ability to handle high volume call and email inquiries while ensuring that issues are researched and closed within established timelines.
- Ability to learn multiple customer service and operational system applications required to manage escalated customer service cases.
- Hands-on approach to lead resolution and root cause analysis of assigned customer service escalated cases.
- Conduct manual processes to implement exceptions workarounds.
- When necessary, provide manual support for data entry and exceptions.
- College Degree preferred & minimum 2 years of related work experience
- Solid Customer Service background
- Proven experience with contract customers and/or K-12 educational customers
- Solid progressively responsible experience in back-office operations required.
- Strong process improvement experience is preferred
- Experience in a high-volume consumer
- Financial operations processing experience is highly preferred
More about you
- Deal with multiple competing demands with service focus
- Ability to communicate complex issues and drive to resolution
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple levels of management
- Highly collaborative individual with ability to influence others and build strong professional relationships
- Solid organizational, time & task management skills
- Flexibility and desire to quickly adapt to new methods, situations, and various requirements
- Excellent group facilitation skills
- Strong analytical thinking and structured problem solving ability
- Excellent communication (writing, speaking, presentation)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.