The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Executive Assistant to support our Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President of Global Strategy & Talent. This position is based in our New York, New York office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
What you’ll do
- Manage executive calendars daily – schedule meetings; remind leaders of meeting times to keep them on schedule; adjust meeting times, locations, and attendees; and respond swiftly to meeting requests from colleagues in and outside the organization
- Arrange travel for leaders and other key members of the divisions – through our travel agency, book flights, trains, and hotels; be readily available to troubleshoot travel issues as they arise; create itineraries, when needed
- Enter and submit expense reports with speed and accuracy
- Track and ensure payment of invoices – acknowledge their receipt; guide them through internal approvals; and track details for reporting purposes
- Help leaders with daily needs – troubleshooting IT issues and/or obtaining IT support; periodically picking up lunch; printing, filing, and shredding; and other miscellaneous tasks
- Proactively plan leaders’ travel schedules – in advance, schedule and plan for conferences, College Board office visits or meetings, holidays, etc.
- Complete ongoing administrative tasks in a timely and accurate fashion – help leaders approve direct reports’ timecards, track and keep leaders abreast of his direct reports’ vacation and sick time, prompt and assist in the on-boarding of new employees, and more
- Give general administrative support to colleagues in the Division – answer questions, find solutions, help solve problems with a positive service-orientation and sense of urgency
- High School Diploma or BA
- Minimum 5 years administrative support experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Budget management experience
More about you
- Excellent interpersonal skills and positive customer service orientation and experience; desire and willingness to help with requests of all shapes and sizes
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the position; a dependable, reliable, and trustworthy colleague
- Outstanding administrative, organizational, and computer skills; expert use of MS Office Suite and willingness to learn other software
- Can work quickly and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously with sense of urgency; must be confident in this ability
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential information and exhibit a high degree of professionalism
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.