Director, Admissions and Enrollment Policy and Education
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Director, Admissions and Enrollment Policy and Education for our Enrollment department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
This role is ideal for an analytical project leader who can make an impact through a combination of analysis skills and trainings skills. A core responsibility of the role is to conceive of and implement a robust education program, through a combination of webinars, publications, recorded training and onsite presentations.
What you will do:
- Define and deliver an education plan for enrollment and admissions leaders.
- Analyze actual service usage and define education and policy adjustments needed to ensure the services continue to fulfill their mission to students, higher education and scholarship organizations.
- Ensure College Board Higher Education staff is in full command of the most recent research, best practices, and content for successful consultation and dissemination to college and scholarship users.
- Deliver webinars, onsite presentations, recorded training and publications that contribute to the success of participating colleges and scholarship organizations. Maintain up-to-date and effective education materials.
- Develop a thorough understanding of industry trend and enrollment challenges, present insights to other College Board colleagues and help to innovate new services.
- Manage special projects and/or project-based workgroups to advance our Admissions and Enrollment services including managing status, submitting new ideas for the constant improvement of our services and documenting findings on process improvement.
- You possess at least five years’ experience in leading presentations (online/in-person) and discussion with professional higher ed audiences.
- You have held previous position(s) where building relationships and facilitating flow of information with clients and colleagues was a job requirement.
- Familiarity or experience with strategic, managerial and operational issues facing higher education institutions.
- Experience with college admissions or enrollment management a strong plus.
- Experience with Captivate, or ProProfs a plus.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Organization and planning—Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses people on key priorities.
- Impactful presentation skills – the art of keeping presentations short, simple, engaging and well-designed.
- Adapts quickly—Demonstrates ability to efficiently and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Get it done attitude— Owns a willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done well.
- Proactive—Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the organization.
- Teamwork—Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Listening skills—Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints, often before asserting his/her own viewpoint. Exceptional ability to build relationships across a mid-sized, geographically dispersed organization.
- Persuasion—Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
This position may be subject to a background check.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.