Senior Product Analyst – CSS Profile and IDOC
The College Board reaches millions of students every year through assessments like the SAT and courses like Advanced Placement. Today we do significant work to help students learn about college and advance them to an institution where they can be successful. We work hand in hand with a large group of post-secondary institutions, nationwide, offering certificate programs, associate, bachelors, graduate, doctoral and professional degrees to ensure more students have the skills they need to success in the careers and in life.
We look for a Sr. Product Analyst who will continue to streamline and improve our leading financial aid services, CSS Profile and IDOC. You will be part of the team that leverages new technology and creates new features that enhance our tools for students and colleges alike.
This role is set up for success for an individual with excellent project planning skills and a solid understanding of technology. We need a leader who is not afraid to question the status quo and who enjoys working hand and hand with an expert IT team, this leader will have specific responsibility in the planning and management of service testing from a user acceptance standpoint.
What you will do:
- Lead the definition and implementation of improved processes to ensure requirements traceability across multiple teams and vendors.
- Lead internal User Acceptance Testing activities, perform UAT, and manage external UAT with users and vendors.
- Play a lead role in operational monitoring and critically analyze data to identify and solve problems. Produce and consume reports to ameliorate product needs.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to implement the product vision and successfully enhance the products.
- Analyze user needs, perform impact analysis, and develop business requirements/user stories. These activities may include user interviews, focus groups, whiteboarding sessions, and cross-functional team concept development. Documentation of requirements may take the shape of user stories, specifications, user interface mock-ups, flow charts, and diagrams.
- Communicate new functionality to internal and external customers through effective training and documentation.
- You possess 5+ years of experience and a track record of success in either financial aid administration or software development.
- You have experience with identifying systems and process improvements and interacting with a technology team to implement these new processes or systems.
- You have a demonstrated ability to learn new end-user productivity tools to make continual improvements to practices and procedures (MS Teams, JIRA, etc.).
- You have experience designing and documenting processes in the form of flow charts or procedures documents.
- You have led staff training or user training.
- Experience building customer facing applications using agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) is a huge plus.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Organization and planning—Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses people on key priorities.
- Inquisitiveness and problem solving— Has a passion for learning and looks to apply new knowledge to practical solutions.
- Master of the details that matter – Pursues excellence rather than perfection, based on a keen understanding of user needs.
- Adapts quickly—Demonstrates ability to efficiently and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Get it done attitude— Owns a willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done well.
- Teamwork—Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Listening skills—Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints, often before asserting his/her own viewpoint.
This position may be subject to a background check.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.