Product Analyst – CSS Profile and IDOC
The College Board reaches millions of students every year through assessments like the SAT and courses like Advanced Placement. Today we do significant work to help students learn about college and advance them to an institution where they can be successful. We work hand in hand with a large group of post-secondary institutions, nationwide, offering certificate programs, associate, bachelors, graduate, doctoral and professional degrees to ensure more students have the skills they need to success in the careers and in life.
The Product Analyst will continue to streamline and improve our leading financial aid services, CSS Profile and IDOC. You will be part of the team that leverages new technology and creates new features that enhance our tools for students and colleges alike.
This role is set up for success for an individual with excellent communication and collaboration skills and a solid understanding of technology. We need a dynamic individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and who will take ownership of the creation and delivery of impactful training and informational materials for students, parents, high school counselors and financial aid administrators.
What you will do:
- With assistance from Sr. Director, define and manage external training and informational materials for students, parents, high school counselors and financial aid administrators. Materials will be delivered based on best fit channel, including but not limited to: live webinars, recorded webinars, in-person presentations, videos, reference guides, and case studies.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to implement the product vision and successfully enhance the products.
- Train internal staff to support sales and customer service efforts.
- Maintain written and recorded product documentation for student, parent, and professional audiences.
- Analyzing user needs, perform impact analysis, and develop business requirements/user stories. Documentation of requirements may take the shape of user stories, specifications, user interface mock-ups, flow charts, and diagrams.
- Perform user acceptance testing
- Support customer service by researching and advising on escalated issues.
- You possess 3+ years of experience and a track record of success in financial aid administration, software training, or software development.
- You have demonstrated presentation skills and have led staff training or user training.
- You have written clear, concise user-facing documentation or instructions.
- You have experience with tailoring communications to target audiences.
- You have a demonstrated ability to learn new end-user communication tools (Captivate, Proprofs, etc.).
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Organization and planning—Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses people on key priorities.
- Inquisitiveness and problem solving— Has a passion for learning and looks to apply new knowledge to practical solutions.
- Master of the details that matter – Pursues excellence rather than perfection, based on a keen understanding of user needs.
- Adapts quickly—Demonstrates ability to efficiently and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Get it done attitude— Owns a willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done well.
- Teamwork—Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Listening skills—Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints, often before asserting his/her own viewpoint.
This position may be subject to a background check.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.