Director, Enrollment Services New Product Development
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Director, Enrollment Service New Product Development for our Enrollment department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The candidate will be passionate about access and the success of colleges in their recruitment efforts. We value individuals who want to collaborate with users and developers alike to deliver market leading recruitment solutions. This role requires an inquisitive spirit, a solid understanding of digital technologies and the ability to provide hands on product innovation and product management, across the entire agile product lifecycle.
In this position, you will:
- Conduct market and competitive research and translate market findings into new product innovations
- Identify, develop and test new concepts with customers, and internal and external partners, stimulating and iterating on our product vision and driving business development
- Collaborate with a cross-functional agile team on end-to-end product development efforts, using agile product development methodologies, research, minimal viable product and positioning testing, learning and adaptation, all the way through pricing, promotion and launch
- Integrate usability studies, user research, and market analysis into product requirements to increase user engagement and product impact
- Play a lead role in analyzing user needs, performing impact analyses, and developing business requirements/user stories. These activities may include user interviews, focus groups, whiteboarding sessions, and cross-functional team concept development. Documentation of requirements may take the shape of user stories, specifications, user interface mock-ups, flow charts, and diagrams.
- You possess 5+ years of experience and a track record of success in a combination of technology product and market analysis (required), strategy, education, management consulting, and consumer-facing digital platforms.
- Experience developing digital products for students, high schools or colleges, and understanding of the unique challenges associated with education technology a plus.
- Exceptional organization, planning, and execution skills
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Innovation – Moves quickly to a rough-and-ready solution that can be tested against user needs.
- Organization and planning—Plans, organizes, schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses people on key priorities.
- Inquisitiveness and problem solving— Has a passion for learning and looks to apply new knowledge to practical solutions.
- Master of the details that matter – Pursues excellence rather than perfection, based on a keen understanding of user needs.
- Command of evidence - Demonstrates ability to efficiently and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Adapts quickly—Demonstrates ability to efficiently and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Get it done attitude— Owns a willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done well.
- Teamwork—Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Listening skills—Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints, often before asserting his/her own viewpoint.
This position may be subject to a background check.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.