Senior Director, College Board Search Program Management
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Director, College Board Search Program Management for our Enrollment department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The College Board prides itself in providing excellent service to students, participating colleges and scholarship programs. You will be our program management and policy leader for Search, working in close partnership with our Search product development lead.
This role is set up for success for a rigorous leader who understands data products, data systems and operations, and knows how to fine tune operations and policies, maintaining a productive relationship to marketing and sales.
- Drive opportunities to improve data quality, data integrity and data governance practices for the College Board Search platform and future data systems. Collaborate with data stewards across the College Board and its partners to improve College Board’s data governance.
- Work with Finance and Business Performance Management teams to capture relevant KPIs and set volume and financial targets based on trends and patterns.
- Craft usage policies based on a deep understanding of college admissions standards and practices, data privacy regulations and College Board mission to the students taking its assessments and member colleges. Understand linkages between policies, user behavior, and mission impacts. Identify practical solutions to ensure policies are followed and having desired outcomes.
- Continuously examine customer service processes and training plans (internal/external) to ensure that these services scaffold user satisfaction with the product and program. Develop and maintain metrics to measure health and pinpoint opportunities for improvement.
- Manage a small team with roles focused on program policies, effectiveness and operations, training and customer service, as well as, systems optimization and enhancements.
- Work closely with College Board’s Higher Education team and Inside Sales team to provide needed internal product training, develop external training and product collateral. Manage a small budget for year publications and online materials (in collaboration with our marketing and communications teams).
- You possess 7+ years of experience and a track record of success in a combination of data product management or higher education enrollment management (required), as well as management or operations of complex data systems.
- You have experience working in regulated industries, higher education a plus.
- You have played a leadership role in the management of a scaled data product or technology platform with complex, interrelated, work streams.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Organization and planning—Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses people on key priorities. A master of the details that matter.
- Adapts quickly—Demonstrates ability to efficiently and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Get it done attitude— Owns a willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done well.
- Proactive—Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the organization.
- Teamwork—Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Listening skills—Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints, often before asserting his/her own viewpoint. Exceptional ability to build relationships across a mid-sized, geographically dispersed organization.
- Persuasion—Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.