Business System Analyst
The College Board, a national education organization, is conducting a search for a Business System Analyst for our Puerto Rico and Latin American Operations Department . This position is based in the College Board’s Puerto Rico office. This position is a 1-year term position with benefits, the position has a possibility of extension.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This role requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Operations, s/he will support the solution-oriented development of technical solutions to fulfill our strategic technology objectives. The position supports design and development of new software solutions, participates in all stages of the software development life cycle including requirements development, project planning, software development, quality assurance, and maintenance. S/he also evaluates and recommends appropriate technologies to advance the capabilities of existing and future College Board tools to better serve students, parents, and institutions.
What you will do
- Participate in the identification of process improvements, strategic initiatives, innovation and area automation, as requested
- Design, develop, and maintain databases including front-ends for MS SQL Server and MS Access
- Develop and maintain procedures to extract, load and validate data from text files into SQL Server databases
- Leverage data from disparate data sources
- Create and deploy reports for distribution using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Troubleshoot and resolve system or application outages
- Resolve problems, determine solutions, track and manage issues, informs the supervisor and resolve by working with other resources within operations
- Participate in the modeling, documentation and optimization of existing and new databases
- Design, develop, and implement quality assurance procedures; develop test scenarios and documents issues
- Create and maintain software documentation including, but not limited to, code comments, user manuals, technical descriptions and test plans.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Two – four years of related experience
- Knowledge in SQL or Access and data reporting tools activities in order to meet the requirements for project and process initiatives
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint
- Front End Web or UI Design Experience
- Solid attention to detail; Excellent communications and organizational skills
- Ability to work with teams comprised of diverse personnel that are tasked with the successful development, testing, distribution, and implementation of all College Board applications
- Ability to multi-task
- Fluent communication skills in both Spanish and English
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Ability to operate a PC, Main Frame, and Local area Network
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.