Senior Director, AP Program Management
The Senior Director manages two of Advanced Placement’s new programs, AP Mentoring and AP with WE Service.
- AP Mentoring provides online, teacher-to-teacher support for AP teachers of all experience levels.
- AP with WE Service provides students with the opportunity to apply their classroom work to the real world through service learning.
This individual will manage the daily operations and annual cycle of each program ensuring annual goals are met and securing the long-term financial health and success of both programs. S/he is a product manager who will identify and lead program improvement initiatives, develop the long-term strategy of these programs and express the details in product road maps. The individual will support value creation and revenue generating activities by optimizing the delivery of powerful, differentiated products or bundles of products, and establishing a path to market that includes channel development, channel management and promotions to meet identified market and customer needs. This person is responsible for maintaining the annual operating budgets and for the total margin of both AP Mentoring and AP with WE Service.
In addition, the Senior Director will manage two staff members who support AP with WE Service and support the Executive Directors of Program Management.
What you do:
- Financial management: forecast and manage annual operational costs and revenue targets; provide financial analysis and monthly reporting to division and Finance as requested; build and maintain bottom-up business cases for both programs.
- Operational management: manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, balance the business needs vs. technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
- AP Mentoring: train and support mentors throughout the year; manage mentor/mentee matching process; monitor mentoring session progress and troubleshoot issues; maintain program dashboard with key metrics; create district attendance reports
- AP with WE Service: train and support teachers throughout the year; attend and present at WE events; monitor key program metrics and troubleshoot issues
- Strategy: define a long-term product road-map including market and technical requirements, partner opportunities and outreach initiatives to increase awareness and usage; research and identify opportunities for AP Mentoring and AP with WE Service to further distinguish their product and service offerings.
- Marketing and Communications: create messaging and marketing collateral that will drive adoption; create, justify and implement promotions and campaigns; lead conference planning and presentations.
- Program improvement: responsible for tracking user feedback, customer satisfaction, dashboards and metrics to measure success and engagement of new and existing functionalities; identify and lead program improvement changes based on data and work with all relevant functional areas to guarantee smooth, efficient implementation.
- Partnership development and management: fortify existing partnership with WE; develop and maintain external relationships to increase product development, awareness, and usage.
- Staff management: manages the work of junior staff by setting clear expectations, giving immediate feedback on work product, and taking responsibility to ensure that all deliverable meet high standards; coach junior staff for professional development; build morale and retain talented staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is required; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Seven to ten years of relevant product and/or program management and marketing experience are required, preferably in the education industry.
- Strategic planning, business development, business management, and analytic skills required.
- Experiences in successful relationship development and managing consumer-facing products are preferred.
- Experience in managing or mentoring people.
- Experience with mentoring programs and/or service learning a plus.
You also have:
- Strong analytical thinking skills and a data-driven approach to decision-making and prioritization. Ability to forecast and measure using appropriate metrics.
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to lead meetings effectively with a broad range of people
- Exceptional knowledge of customer experience
- Superior presentation and written communications skills
- Marketing background with direct responsibility for multiple, broad based marketing initiatives. Ability to manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Ability and willingness to travel 15% of the time