Associate Director, SpringBoard/Pre-AP Outreach
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Associate Director, Marketing & Outreach for our new Pre-AP program. This position can be based in our New York, NY office.
About the College Board
We are a mission focused organization that believes that investing in education - is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators; and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities and Advocacy.
Pre-AP is a new program that offers focused course frameworks and instructional materials, assessments, and professional learning to schools that are interested in earning an official Pre-AP designation from the College Board.
What you’ll do:
In this role you will be a key member of the Pre-AP Product Management team supporting and executing key strategic outreach initiatives aimed at driving the Pre-AP Program’s growth and success. You will also lead social media planning across the SpringBoard/Pre-AP Program, support Pre-AP conferences and event strategy and presence, and develop resources to support our sales team and customers.
Market Development and Advertising
- Support marketing project execution from conception to completion in alignment with annual program/product goals through marketing tactic definition, creation and maintenance of detailed marketing project plans, development of associated deliverables, and on-time on-budget delivery
- Maintain and organize all collateral assets and ensure distribution to appropriate stakeholders, internally and externally
- Coordinate web production requests to ensure program information is current, accurate, and effective
- Support the compilation of web analytics and campaign key performance indicators, help identify user behavior and trends, and make recommendations to enhance user experience
Communications and Market Outreach
- Maintain the master calendar of Pre-AP events and presentations to support overall conference strategy and ensure maximum visibility at College Board and non-College Board events
- Lead conference logistical elements including: Edit and submit conference proposals, coordinate schedules/presentations, handle conference registration, coordinate staffing and materials, and manage advertisements and sponsorships
- Coordinate the development of a communication plan to ensure appropriate information is shared with the right audiences, in compliance with College Board processes
- Help identify opportunities to foundationally leverage customer success stories in marketing campaigns, social media plan, and communication efforts
- Coordinate development of communication assets (Coordinator Manual/ Communication Toolkit, family/community and student communication)
- Help to translate the needs of the College Board State and District Partnership team and SpringBoard/Pre-AP Sales team into sales support tools, including state-specific brochures, sales presentations, and promotional materials
- Support the development and evolution of our social media strategy. Prepare and deliver quarterly social media reports
- Work with College Board social media team to amplify messaging with a focus on alignment of activities to key communication and marketing materials
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 4 years directly related work experience in marketing and communications; knowledge of the K-12 education and instruction landscape a plus
- Experience in collaborating with teammates and stakeholders and collecting their feedback to inform marketing
- A strong understanding of how to align resources, seek the input of key constituents, and manage others to achieve desired results
- A desire to think creatively. You thrive when given the opportunity to identifying new innovative approaches to your work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; You possess the ability to pull relevant complex information and simplify it to allow for clear and concise communication
- A data-driven approach; you can discern what is significant and understand what drives outcomes. You use data to simplify, tell stories, and validate and optimize solutions
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and experience in leading multiple projects
More About you
- Focused on innovation and employ a creative approach to developing communication and reaching key stakeholders
- Process oriented; you demonstrate the ability to develop repeatable, scalable processes, or improve existing processes
- Concise and simple in your communication, having the ability to explain complex ideas clearly by focusing on what’s most important, and stripping away what’s unnecessary or inefficient.
- Open and collaborative; you must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.