Senior Director, SB/Pre-AP Digital Product
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Director, SpringBoard/Pre-AP Digital Product. This position is based in New York City.
The Senior Director is responsible for leading digital product strategy across College Board’s SpringBoard and Pre-AP programs, including the award-winning SpringBoard Digital as well as the Pre-AP digital platform, to both encourage product growth in key markets and support retention among existing customers. The ideal candidate has proven success leading the full digital product development lifecycle, including user research, solution development, feature validation, and delivery of innovative, impactful K-12 digital classroom products at scale. The candidate should bring strong knowledge of key educational technology concepts and products, common school district implementation models, and Agile product development best practices.
What You’ll do
- Develop a multi-year strategic product vision that drives digital product adoption, renewal, and customer satisfaction, including a comprehensive set of external feature milestones to create an annual feature implementation plan
- Articulate a long-term integration strategy to define a coherent user experience across both digital programs
- Define and execute a robust market and user research plan to identify unmet user/market needs, new product feature opportunities, and validate efficacy of current product components
- Lead a cross-functional team to design, develop, and launch new features: define customer needs, develop solution design and architecture, test and iterate to ensure concept validity, manage and prioritize product backlog, and oversee development execution to ensure quality of work
- Collaborate closely with Content team to solution how digital product experience enhances instructional content, as well as develop, refine, and implement changes to content management system to facilitate scalable digital content delivery
- Maintain and grow relationships with key external users through regular engagement on user needs and new features
- Collaborate with third-party integrated partner applications to optimize user experience and customer value
- Oversee strategic enhancement and operational management of the SpringBoard Community, a social business platform for teacher collaboration
- Lead product communications, including providing formal and informal reporting to Product and Program Leadership, as well as communications to internal and external product stakeholders, such as team members, customers and consultant trainers.
- Present regularly at user-facing events, such as conferences and user groups, to support implementation and evangelize the product/program
- You possess 8-10 years of experience and a track record of success in a combination of digital product development (required), digital product management (required), education technology, or assessment/curriculum development.
- You are experienced in collecting stakeholder feedback and prioritizing projects within short- and long-term company goals
- You know how to communicate with stakeholders, as well as working closely with a team of engineers
- You are experienced in setting and executing on a product backlog, balancing innovation, maintenance and support
- You are experienced working with Agile development teams
- You are strongly committed to expanding educational opportunity.
- You possess the ability to design for simplicity. You are at your best untangling and simplifying complex problems.
- You are a self-starter that thrives in fast-paced environments. You have experience moving major projects forward with minimal oversight, and can adapt to new information, situations, or challenges with minimal guidance.
- You like a challenge and thrive when thinking creatively and devising fresh approaches to tough business and operational problems.
- You are highly detailed oriented and thorough in your analyses. You make decisions based on sound evidence and logic and can develop the frameworks necessary to convey your thought processes.
- You communicate clearly and compellingly about your analyses, insights, and recommendations, and know how to target your presentation style, written or oral, to different audiences.
- You have a record of building strong relationships with collaborators across an organization and external partners. You can leverage their strengths and resources in strategic ways.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at collegeboard.org/careers
The College Board is dedicated to the principle of equal opportunity, and its programs, services, and employment policies are guided by that principle.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.