SpringBoard Math Editor
This position reports to the Senior Director, Math Content Development and is a key member of the SpringBoard Content Development team. The Math Editor develops and refines market-competitive mathematics curriculum, assessments, and instructional products for SpringBoard, including both print and digital learning products from inception through production of bound books and release of digital content. The Math Editor facilitates and reviews the work of writers and vendors with a focus on content editing, layout, composition, and design. The editor is expected to write, edit, answer check, copy edit, and check page proofs as needed to meet all product requirements, maximize content quality and marketability, while meeting deadlines and budget goals.
You will research market requirements; contribute to instructional design; create and manage development plans, budgets, and timelines; commission writers; and develop print and digital materials to support the effective implementation of a challenging mathematics curriculum that helps prepare students for college and careers.
What You’ll Do
- Execute SpringBoard Math content development plans
- Develop and manage project plans and schedules on time and on budget for assigned editorial projects.
- Review the writing and editorial work conducted by authors and external vendors
- Implement editorial and composition guidelines
- Liaise with development houses, online content partners, and printing vendors
- Research relevant market trends and competitive products; attend conferences, read professional journals to understand customer needs and to ensure SpringBoard Math reflects best instructional practices
- Approach content design and development with an understanding of customer needs
- Support communication about the product in sales training's, professional learning training's, marketing materials, correlations, and other support materials to ensure effective promotion of the math products/programs
- Examine state and national standards and conduct and/or review alignments and correlations of SpringBoard content to standards
- Minimum BA or BS required; degree in math preferred.
- MA in mathematics, education, or related field preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in math content development at the grades 6–12 level
- Experience working with multi-level and multi-component products in both print and digital formats
- Project management experience a plus
- Assessment item development experience a plus
- Experience in teaching secondary-level math preferred
- Experience teaching ESL, ELL, or ELD a plus
More About You
- Comprehensive knowledge of secondary mathematics content and pedagogy, pre-algebra through precalculus
- Knowledge of SpringBoard and other College Board programs—especially AP
- Familiarity with curriculum and assessment design
- Ability to work on complex projects to successful completion
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to create and manage schedules and prioritize to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to organize and synthesize information to create actionable plans
- Analytic ability to gather, synthesize, and interpret data and market intelligence
- Ability to investigate and solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to colleagues, educators, and other constituents at various levels
- Strong customer-service orientation with ability to listen to and synthesize customer needs and recommend a product response
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong technical skills; high digital literacy, including the full suite of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro and InCopy/InDesign editorial workflows
- Willingness and ability to travel 10% or more