Associate Director, Implementation Support
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Associate Director, Implementation Support for our Pre-AP and SpringBoard programs. This position is based in our New York City headquarters.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment. The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to education, expertise managing data (excel), and project management experience.
About Pre-AP® and SpringBoard®
The Pre-AP® and SpringBoard Programs are designed to give all students the opportunity to learn the foundational knowledge and skills they need to be successful in AP® and other college-level work. Both provide instructional design and materials, assessments, and professional learning to districts across the nation. Learn more at https://pre-ap.collegeboard.org and https://springboard.collegeboard.org
In this role you will provide operational and logistical support relating to customer engagement, collection of critical feedback points, and management of projects and data.
What you’ll do
- Manage Pre-AP inbox, responding, assigning, and escalating inquiries from potential schools/ districts
- Collaborate with Professional Learning team to analyze registration data and ensures Pre-AP Partner School enrollment and attendance at Course Teacher Institutes (CTI), proactively communicates with Partner schools when CTI enrollment discrepancies arise and escalates issues during CTIs to appropriate Implementation Director or Executive Director. Performs audits of PL participation, platform enrollment, and quiz completion.
- Manage comprehensive database of Pre-AP and SpringBoard districts
- Support coordination of Pre-AP school visits; this includes preparing materials, coordinating logistical communication, and managing site visit calendars
- Manage logistics for webinars and office hours
- Manage collection of content and calendar for Instructional Newsletters, Pre-AP Bulletins, and SpringBoard Community posts
Research and Data Analysis
- Compile user feedback and implementation data points: classroom observations, surveys, customer satisfaction data, platform analytics, etc. Supports Implementation Director’s analysis of data by identifying trends and organizing synthesis and hierarchy of data
- Coordinate PSAT 8/9 ordering with PSAT team and Product Delivery team and assigns follow up to Directors for 2020-21 school year
- Manage the Pre-AP FAQ document, as updated by the Director of Pre-AP Implementation and provide actionable recommendations as needed
- Manage Implementation team budgets
- Manage Implementation team projects (video coaching, ongoing innovations); this includes defining timelines, requirements and managing project plans
- Support Implementation team’s development of services, products, and tools
- Manage implementation consultant database
Conferences, Events, National/State Initiatives
- Coordinate staff and Partner School participation at events showcasing Pre-AP and SpringBoard
- Collaborate with Product Management team to identify Pre-AP Program champions to support market outreach efforts
- Coordinate logistics for Implementation Team meetings and events (Leadership Symposium, regional training, User Groups, SBX meetings).
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 6+ years’ full-time experience in project management, education management or operations, or equivalent.
- You have experience supporting large-scale projects – ideally, in the digital or education spaces – with complex, interrelated, work streams.
More about you
- Strongly committed to expanding educational opportunity.
- A problem solver, with excellent judgment and the ability to view situations and issues from multiple perspectives.
- Highly detailed oriented and thorough in your analyses.
- Able to see the big picture through the details and know when appropriate to deploy each perspective.
- Comfortable with accommodating different points of view.
- Clear and compelling in your communications.
- A self-starter that thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Highly adaptable to new information, situations, or challenges and can work independently.
- Creative and can come up with fresh approaches to tough business and operational problems.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.