Senior Technology Recruiter
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Technical Recruiter. This position is based out of our office located in the Reston, Virginia downtown center.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. In this role, you will have a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
Summary of your role
In this role you will act as an internal HR/Talent Acquisition (TA) resource to hiring managers in the Reston Office managing full life-cycle recruitment of non-exempt and exempt staff as assigned. You will be responsible for working with HR and other College Board managers to provide several key functions and processes in the HR department including recruitment, the applicant experience, payroll, salary administration, timekeeping, position management, and benefits administration.
You will use best practices to manage full life-cycle recruitment and represents the College Board with professionalism and credibility to candidates, vendors and other external parties. As an individual contributor, you will take pride in successfully managing numerous and varied recruitment assignments and other HR projects simultaneously with ease.
You track activities in development, tracking and analyzing HR data and providing reports on a regular and ad-hoc basis to the Human Resources management and other HR staff. In addition, the you will play a key role in handling the on and off-boarding process for Reston office staff and will help manage organizational wide HR and staff engagement events and initiatives.
What you’ll do
- Manage full lifecycle recruitment assigned exempt and non-exempt positions including partnering with hiring managers, developing recruitment and sourcing strategies, crafting recruitment advertisements and job posting within HR guidelines, screening resumes; coordinating interviews; advising hiring managers through the recruitment and hiring process; administering employment tests and assessments; communicating with candidates in a timely fashion; conducting references; extending and negotiating offers; maintaining recruitment status reports and metrics.
- Maintain open requisitions and all pertinent applicant and interview data to comply with OFCCP/AA Guidelines in the applicant tracking system on a timely basis
- Manages a process that includes creative and cost-effective candidate sourcing; behavioral interviewing; interview scheduling, video-conferencing and web interviewing; engaging candidates and communicating in a timely fashion; conducting references; setting salaries and closing offers; maintaining recruitment status reports and metrics.
- Build and maintains pipelines and networks of applicants in various functions, paying special attention to building a pipeline of diverse candidates.
- Coaches managers and staff in the areas of recruitment and promotion, according to HR policies and procedures; advises managers on salary guidelines to maintain internal equity throughout the organization. Processes salary and status changes, re-classifications, promotions, disability and other leave requests. Provide guidance to staff and managers in relation to Board policies, employee benefits plans, payroll processes, performance management, and employee relations issues, working with HR managers as necessary
- Maintains consistency of employment branding in recruitment advertisements. Monitors recruitment expenses and consults with managers on strategies to improve results while reducing expenditures.
- Manages the full on-boarding process for employees. This includes working with managers to ensure that all necessary paperwork and on-line forms are completed in a timely manner, leading initial benefits orientation for staff, assisting with online benefits enrollment processes, and ensuring all required employee information is accurately provided to headquarters and appropriate files are maintained locally.
- Lead and assist with the off-boarding process for employees. This includes working with managers to ensure that all necessary paperwork and on-line forms are completed in a timely manner, providing or coordinating exit interviews for staff, and processing required notifications to various departments include IT, and facilities.
- Maintain up-to-date position information including job descriptions and up to date position records. Provide guidance to managers during backfill process, to include maintaining up to date staff data records and reports.
- Lead and assist with various HR-related special projects and develop clear and concise reports, presentations and framework documents on an ongoing or on an ad hoc basis. These are often highly confidential and/or urgent. Special projects may include leading the summer internship and Year Up Intern partnership programs to include planning program seminars and presentations; sourcing and placing interns; communicating with sponsoring managers; and following-up to ensure a successful experience for both the intern and the sponsoring department.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 5+ years work experience in talent acquisition, with full life cycle recruitment
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems required
More About You
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including ability to write compelling recruitment advertisements
- Computer literacy, including MS Office applications and experience with database systems
- Knowledge of HR principles and laws
- Must demonstrate ability to make decisions based on sound judgement
- Strong team-oriented and collaborative nature
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Highly professional ability to maintain tact and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work independently in an effective and efficient manner
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.