Talent Acquisition Junior Technical Recruiter
The College Board is conducting a search for an Associate Director, Talent Acquisition reporting to the Head of Talent Acquisition. This position is based in our New York City headquarters.
About the College Board
We are a mission focused organization that believes that investing in education - is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators; and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just few. Our work falls broadly into three categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, and Advocacy.
About your role
As the Director, Talent Acquisition you’ll assist the College Board’s talent acquisition function in alignment with the organization’s strategic goals, values and missions. You will manage full lifecycle recruitment and assist in developing and executing the College Board’s talent acquisition strategy, integrating best-in-class approaches to attracting, evaluating and hiring top talent. You will serve as the organization’s subject matter expert on Talent Acquisition and will partner closely with all levels of the organization as a trusted advisor in this space.
What You’ll Do
- Partner closely with leaders throughout HR, and across the organization, to identify talent acquisition needs, develop strategies to meet these needs, and to drive accountability in recruitment and selection
- Manage a full cycle candidate management process, from Initial Identification, Qualifying, through Hiring Process, Background Checks, Reference and On-boarding
- Partner with hiring managers and recruiting colleagues to develop, implement, and manage tactical sourcing strategies
- Effectively utilize our ATS (Greenhouse) to review and source a pipeline of potential candidates
- Continuously build and maintain a robust talent pool of internal and external talent; taking a proactive approach to pipelining by building relationships across all areas of the business and generating active and passive candidate talent pools
- Strategically market open jobs via social media, job boards and other various channels
- Manage the interview process and mediate any client/candidate risks or concerns during the recruitment/hiring process
- Prepare and extend offers of employment and assists in the onboarding process
- Support all talent acquisition initiatives; in partnership with Talent Management and HRBP professionals, assisting in key talent acquisition programs for incoming talent including relocation, on-boarding, and orientation
- Demonstrate a commitment to Diversity & Inclusion through Talent Acquisition; helping ensure the organization is trained on and embracing of D&I initiatives
About your experience…
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3 years of professional experience in Corporate Talent Acquisition
- Experience building and driving change in TA function; expertise thriving in an agile working environment
- Strategic recruitment planning and analytical abilities; an ability to work proactively as opposed to reactively
- Ability to galvanize employees across the organization around new talent acquisition solutions; strong proven relationship-building and influencing skills
- Knowledge of state and federal laws/regulations related to talent acquisition
- Objective approach to candidate evaluation and selection, with an emphasis on Diversity and Inclusion
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; strong customer service orientation with a focus on providing a positive candidate experience
- Flexibility and adaptability in approach, based on evolving business conditions
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for students. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.