The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Data Analyst based in our New York, NY office. This is a two year term position.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Data Analyst will help the Access to Opportunity team and partners make better decisions using existing internal and external data. Primary clients will include state and district partners using College Board programs and data to advance student opportunity. Projects may include report automation; analysis and interpretation; and prediction and optimization projects.
What you will do:
- Use statistical software to manage and analyze quantitative data sets; including variable creation, data cleaning and recoding, and translating data from one program to another.
- Analyze and interpret data and identify patterns from data collected through surveys, qualitative interviews, observational data and focus groups.
- Prepare statistical and qualitative reports and presentations.
- Work with a large & growing educational data set using descriptive statistics and data visualization tools.
- Collaborate with team to understand and communicate results, and to put insights into operation.
- Create reproducible automated reports that can be implemented at a large scale
- Lead the execution of all administrative procedures associated with survey or qualitative research, including the development and processing of contracts, procuring contact lists, setting
- up email campaigns, and administering incentives to research participants.
- Some travel may be required.
- Minimum 4-6 years related experience and college degree/equivalent. Master’s in a quantitative discipline a plus.
Related Skills & Other Preferred Experience:
- Fluent coding ability with R and SQL required
- Experience coping nimbly with imperfect data
- Strong interpersonal skills and service orientation
- Experience with descriptive statistics and data visualization
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.