Assistant Director, K-12 - Southwestern Region
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Assistant Director, K-12 who will be a key member of the Southwestern Regional State and District Partnership team. This position is based in our Austin, Texas office.
About your role
The Assistant Director is responsible for the overall sales and service to select district partnerships. They develop and maintain relationships with members of the K-12 community aligned to strategic goals to deliver opportunity to students. The Assistant Director utilizes a consultative sales approach and data from a variety of sources to accomplish the work.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with state leads on development of strategies and complete assigned tasks related to state strategy.
- Understand key K12 education issues relevant to College Board work in the state.Provide information to assist in the development of state strategies and facilitate execution of strategy components as assigned.
- Overall management of district relationships in assigned Strategic districts in consultation, when needed, with K12 Executive Director or manager.
- Develop account strategy and manage service model implementation in consultation with manager.
- Utilize consultative sales process of account management in consultation with manager or designee.
- Plan and conduct, in consultation with manager, standard workshops and professional development programs for various constituents
- Manage all aspects of contracting process and implementation of contracted services/programs with support of manager.
- Serve as a representative of the region on projects as assigned by the K12 Executive Director or RVP.
- Support activities related to membership and governance including Regional Councils and Regional Forums as assigned by RVP, K12 Executive Director, or ROD
- Execute targeted strategies to meet program/revenue goals.
Data and Reports:
- Utilize SF (CRM) for account management and to monitor progress toward individual goals
- Utilize various College Board sources to access, compile, and analyze data to support work with districts and to identify the best appropriate data sources to use in different situations.
- Conduct standard and complex data analysis at district and/or school level in consultation with manager, as needed.
Maintains contact with staff within the region and department in order to collaborate to produce work, to delegate work assignments, and to ensure that performance is meeting set goal.
Establishes and maintains deep relationships with leadership and key decision makers in assigned accounts.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three years or more of directly-related, progressively responsible work experience in a professional position in education or a related field.
More about you
- Willingness & ability to travel as necessary
- Possess a passion for education and a deep commitment to the College Board’s mission of promoting educational equity, access, and excellence for students of all backgrounds.
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Ability to identify and meet the needs of districts
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with senior-level administrators
- Experience analyzing data and conducting presentations utilizing data
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) and consultative sales tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including oral presentation/public speaking skills
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work collaboratively and open to coaching
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to view or current opportunities at https://www.collegeboard.org/about/careers/job-listings.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted. This position will be subject to a background check.
The College Board is dedicated to the principle of equal opportunity and its programs, services and employment policies are guided by that principle.