Director, Global Standard Program Management
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Director, Global Standard Program Management for our Communications and Marketing department. This position is based in our New York City headquarters
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization, and powerful force in the lives of American students. To fulfill our purpose of clearing a path for students to own their future, we offer access, opportunity, and excellence to millions of students each year. Over the past five years, the College Board has been undergoing a transformation. We’ve redesigned the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, and many AP courses and exams, and we’ve introduced the PSAT 10, PSAT 8/9, and Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy, all with great success.
The Director, Program Management will be a part of the team that will be re-imagining our digital experiences with a focus on the end-to-to end user journey, creating tailored experiences for each of our audience types. The successful Director, Program Management will be an analytical experience-based problem solver with strong written and verbal communication skills who thrives on being engaged at all levels of the program. They will be a self-starter, able to quickly gain knowledge and requirements for the new initiative and practically apply them in a fast-paced experience driven environment. The Director, Program Management must have experience gathering new requirements, delivery audience focused engagements working to develop a clear digital strategy, user experience, and software development plan. They will be working closely with Creative Strategy, Design Research, UX, Content Strategy and development to build out a clear solution to meet our goals.
Individuals in this role should have experience in defining, planning, scheduling and controlling project activities, applying creative and strategic thinking and project management skills to satisfy project requirements and should be able to proactively identify and manage risk. Problem solving and the ability to adapt current processes to meet goals and requirements are essential elements of this position.
What you’ll do
The Program manager duties will include the oversight of multiple staff or work groups aligned to a specific College Board programs to develop a variety of marketing campaigns, products and assets. It is critical for the Program Manager to connect project outcomes with organizational needs. The Program Manager will need to stay informed about program issues and be responsible for communication and any necessary adjustments of the teams’ efforts. Working with the Program leads, including Product Owners, stakeholders and executives, along with the Portfolio manager; the Program Manager will monitor initiative budgets and plan resourcing needs. They will monitor work completion deadlines for each initiative, and coordinate efforts at the project level.
The Program Manager will be a point person for issues, communication and problem solving. They will analyze situations and provide remediation to the team as necessary.
- Accountable for the execution, management and quality control of campaigns and multiple concurrent projects and ensuring cross-project dependencies are clarified and delivered.
- Clarifies overarching goals and KPI’s for initiatives
- Identifies opportunities, dependencies and collaboration requirements through the engagement of Communications and Marketing, and program and IT team members
- Creates initiative-level and project teams through collaboration with resource and agency managers
- Collaborates to prioritize initiatives and projects within the program team
- Proactively communicates with project owners about program risks, challenges, and solutions
- Drives collaboration and execution across groups
- Monitors the program’s budget spend
- Ensures that project outcomes/deliverables are aligned to the program goals
- Exercises independent judgement and creatively addresses issues and ambiguous situations as they arise
- Employs a proactive approach toward project management, identifying needs that campaign owners may not recognize, ensuring that approaches and solutions are linked to goals, brand guidelines, and future needs
- Leads intake of initiatives into program-aligned teams, clarifying strategic requirements and coordinating team briefings and engagement
- Explains complex ideas clearly, and manages expectations as appropriate to the program team
- Manage the program documentation, including initiative and project initiation documents
- Clearly defines scope, roles, responsibilities and expectations for key initiatives
- Report on program status across all projects
Maintains regular contact with staff in own and other departments with the purpose of coordinating schedules and tasks, ensuring that work products meet time, budget, and performance goals. Includes all teams within Communications and Marketing, IT, program, project and product owners throughout the College Board.
As appropriate, collaboration and coordination with creative agencies
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PMP certification and Scrum Master certification strongly preferred,
- Minimum of five to seven years of progressively responsible work experience
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Demonstrates initiative and innovation; identifies and supports ways to improve processes through technology or new ways of thinking
- Knowledge of content, digital media production practices and tools, including content management systems and project tracking systems
- Highly organized, efficient and experienced in leading multiple projects, with attention to detail
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.