Psychometric Programmer/Quality Analyst
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Programmer/Quality Analyst to work in the Psychometrics department. This position will be based out of our Yardley, PA office
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization, and powerful force in the lives of American students. To fulfill our purpose of clearing a path for students to own their future, we offer access, opportunity, and excellence to millions of students each year. Over the past five years, the College Board has been undergoing a transformation. We’ve redesigned the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, and many AP courses and exams, and we’ve introduced the PSAT 10, PSAT 8/9, and Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy, all with great success.
The Psychometric Quality Analyst provides support to College Board programs for Psychometrics and AD&D with a focus on documentation, data analysis, quality control, and data archiving.
The Psychometric Quality Analyst partners with Business Process Owners to ensure the quality of data being received and disseminated. The Psychometric Quality Analyst ensures quality controls, appropriate checks and validations are incorporated into operational processes/solutions.
The Psychometric Quality Analyst will be working closely with senior members of QM team in learning and understanding the appropriate tools, techniques and methodologies and be trained to implement these in assigned projects and/or BPO areas.
What you’ll do
- Identifying the quality checks and validations for critical business process changes/impacts.
- Detailed review of project deliverables/outputs such as process documents, publications, requirements etc.
- Create process maps and develop procedures for critical business and quality processes.
- Participate in project meetings and provide update on Quality activities and gather inputs/requirements for Quality Management team.
- Run operationalized quality code, making small adjustments to existing codes, verifying results, and tracking process and outcome.
- Under supervision of senior members of QM team write code for well-defined projects.
- Manage statistical data archives.
- Provide support for maintaining smart sheets utilized by the QM team.
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree with a concentration in math, statistic or related field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office productivity tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience in SAS or similar statistical programming language
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong analytical and data analysis experience with structured problem-solving ability
- Flexibility and desire to quickly adapt to new methods, situations, and various requirements
- Excellent communication (writing, speaking, presentation), Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Desire to learn, explore and be challenged
- Interest in working for a mission-oriented, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving education
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
- The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.