Senior Software Engineer
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Software Development Engineer in Test, who will be resident in our Reston Virginia office.
Software Development Engineer in Test must be a skilled engineer with an unwavering passion for excellence in Software Quality Engineering and drive to transform that passion into consistent excellence in product validation. The candidate will partner with Product Architects, Developers, and other QA Engineers to help define and implement functional and system-level test strategy to validate and verify features of product development. Other responsibilities include enhancing and maintaining test automation frameworks, maintenance and execution of release regression suites etc. Qualified candidates will show an aptitude for discovering software/security issues/bugs, will enjoy and excel in solving complex automation problems with a mission to release high quality software that is resilient and optimally performing
Successful candidates will have a comprehensive knowledge of web front-end and back-end testing and development tools, technologies, practices, and standards; proven ability to integrate large scale systems or third-party products; and a track record of delivering high-quality, web-based business solutions in a timely and effective manner.
- Develop comprehensive test plans and automation using Java, Python or node.js or any other relevant languages as dictated by the product.
- Create and maintain automated functional and system tests to replicate complex real-world scenarios
- Development of code and test automation suite to support security features, technical scoping ensuring that features deliver the expected functionality with high quality
- Candidate will also be responsible to build, deploy and maintain web applications in AWS environment.
- Works in DevOps agile teams primarily in AWS technology environment
- Follows established coding standards and other group procedures, both individually and at a team level. Must ensure proper code reviews are held for the project and that development processes and tool utilization (e.g. PMD, Checkstyle, etc.) are followed.
- Ensures that continuous integration is performed on the application source code and constantly seeks to enhance the continuous integration methods of the development team to ensure extremely high quality of code.
- Works closely with project management and requirements analysts to thoroughly understand the system requirements and ensure they are properly implemented. Also must seek ways to meet the underlying business requirements with low-cost, yet highly re-usable patterns and actively escalate requirements that may cause unnecessary risk or cost.
- Gather feedback from design and technical staff on application development needs and patterns. Must be able to work with Enterprise Architecture group to propose and solicit approval of new architectural patterns including documentation and presentation of the architectural approach, benefits/limitations and other considerations (e.g. re-usability, security, performance, maintainability, etc.).
- Responsible for support of and coordinating with other Engineers, Architects and teams including other technology teams such as a User Experience team or an infrastructure team.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 5 years of directly-related work experience in a professional position in software development
- Good leadership and communication skills. Must be adoptable, open minded and sensible for the team needs.
- Expert-level understanding of the Java programming language, related optimization techniques, and design patterns.
- Experience in working with AWS services, deploying applications to AWS
- Expert-level Object Oriented knowledge, with demonstrated complex implementations a must
- Working experience in testing REST endpoints using the automated test cases
- Working experience in creating Selenium test suite to test web front end applications
- Working experience in working with JMeter
- Must have deep knowledge of Java/J2E, Spring, JPA/Hibernate, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with DevOps tools and automation
- Experience working in an iterative(agile/scrum) development environment
- Experience in documenting design and architecture artifacts and presenting artifacts for architectural review
- Effective communication skills are a must along with a strong customer service orientation, and the ability to clearly discern client needs.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously, with fast, flexible work style.
- Test-driven development and continuous integration experience is preferred
- Knowledge of K-12 or Higher Education related software applications is a plus