Director of College Access Marketing
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Director of College Access Marketing within our Direct Marketing team. This position is based out of the New York office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization, and powerful force in the lives of American students. To fulfill our purpose of clearing a path for students to own their future, we offer access, opportunity, and excellence to millions of students each year. Over the past five years, the College Board has been undergoing a transformation. We’ve redesigned the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, and many AP courses and exams, and we’ve introduced the PSAT 10, PSAT 8/9, and Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy, all with great success.
Reporting to the Director, Communications and Marketing, this person will develop, deliver and manage integrated, cross-channel communications and marketing campaigns to promote our enrollment and access programs – including, but not limited to Student Search Service and Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy – to targeted audiences.
The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a track record of results in planning and launching successful direct, targeted marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience in education marketing
- A goal-focused mentality and a results-oriented approach to their work; and
- A passion for education and the mission of the College Board.
What you'll do
- Work closely with our Enrollment Services and Official SAT Practice teams to design, develop and manage communications and marketing campaigns that help achieve organizational goals.
- Develop, lead and implement creative marketing and communications campaigns across all consumer and professional channels including email, web, SEM, social, text, direct mail, video and events.
- Work closely with our web production team to advise on web strategy for relevant product pages and landing pages to ensure content, SEO, and user experience best practices are applied.
- Provide concise, meaningful, and relevant content tailored to each audience to raise awareness and drive specific actions.
- Track and analyze campaign effectiveness through Salesforce Marketing Cloud dashboards and Adobe Analytics Workspaces.
- Leverage quantitative/qualitative data sources to drive recommendations, using insights obtained from market research, customer analytics, client segmentation and best practices.
- Partner with professional communications team to ensure all work is aligned and appropriately engages students, K-12 professionals and higher education professionals.
- Maintain contact and consultative relationships with high education professionals. through focus groups, advisory councils, national and regional assemblies, internal and external conferences, etc.
- Represent the concerns and needs of students and education professionals within and on behalf of the broader communications and marketing team.
- Effectively project manage efforts across various teams using internal project management systems.
- Support the budgeting, reconciliation and forecasting process.
- Support media relations team to manage media inquiries and crisis communication situations as needed.
- Manage relationships with external agencies, consultants, and advisory and/or executional external bodies as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least 5 + years of full-time work experience in marketing and/or communications; education experience is a plus.
- Understanding of trends in higher education trends; experience in college admissions is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working on the creation, development, implementation and measurement of marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Experience evaluating the effectiveness of websites and landing pages using web analytics tools and optimizing web experiences to enhance SEO, UX, and conversions.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to build deep relationships with colleagues.
- Advanced written communication skills required to develop effective briefs, presentations and copy.
More About You
- Creativity required to select and execute a creative and messaging approach that resonates with our audiences.
- Substantial analytical skills required to interpret and leverage data in strategy.
- Project management experience required to manage several expert teams to hit deadlines and to juggle simultaneous campaigns.
- A natural drive is required to get things done, break down barriers to find solutions and creatively solve marketing challenges.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous
retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.