Director, Professional Communications & Marketing
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Director, Professional Communications and Marketing within our Professional Communications and Marketing team. This position is based out of the New York office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization, and powerful force in the lives of American students. To fulfill our purpose of clearing a path for students to own their future, we offer access, opportunity, and excellence to millions of students each year. Over the past five years, the College Board has been undergoing a transformation. We’ve redesigned the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, and many AP courses and exams, and we’ve introduced the PSAT 10, PSAT 8/9, and Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy, all with great success.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director will develop, deliver and manage integrated, cross-channel communications and marketing campaigns to promote our enrollment programs – including, but not limited to PowerFAIDS and Student Search Service – to targeted audiences.
The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a track record of results in planning and launching successful direct, targeted marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in marketing to higher education professionals;
- A goal-focused mentality and a results-oriented approach to their work; and
- A passion for education and the mission of the College Board.
What you'll do
- Work closely with our Enrollment Services team to design, develop and manage communications and marketing campaigns that help achieve organizational goals.
- Partner consumer marketing leads to ensure all work is aligned and appropriately engages students, in addition to higher education professionals.
- Represent the concerns and needs of higher education professionals within and on behalf of the broader communications and marketing team.
- Provide concise, meaningful, and relevant content tailored to each audience to raise awareness and drive specific actions.
- Track and analyze campaign effectiveness through Marketing Cloud dashboards and Adobe Workspaces
- Leverage quantitative/qualitative data sources to drive recommendations, using insights obtained from market research, customer analytics, client segmentation and best practices.
- Effectively project manage efforts across various teams using project management systems and tool.
- Support the budgeting, forecast, monthly reforecasting, and reclassing process
- Maintain contact and consultative relationships with high education professionals. through focus groups, advisory councils, national and regional assemblies, internal and external conferences, etc.
- Manage relationships with external agencies, consultants, and advisory and/or executional external bodies as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least 5–8 years of solid work experience in the education marketplace in an outreach capacity.
- Deep understanding of current higher education marketplace trends and dynamics and stakeholder groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to build deep relationships with colleagues
- Advanced written communication skills required to develop effective briefs, presentations and copy.Demonstrated experience working on the creation, development, implementation and measurement of marketing strategies and campaigns.
More About You
- Creativity required to select and execute a creative and messaging approach that resonates with our audiences.
- Substantial analytical skills required to interpret and leverage data in strategy.
- Project management experience required to manage several expert teams to hit deadlines and to juggle simultaneous campaigns.
- A natural drive is required to get things done, break down barriers to find solutions and creatively solve marketing challenges.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.