Full Stack Engineer
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Full-Stack Engineer for our IT department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
What you’ll do
- Build database-driven web apps from scratch to deployment
- Play supporting role in understanding business needs in context, from user perspective
- Support user-driven design of data models, APIs and interfaces
- Support and maintains apps in production on the AWS cloud
- Follow best practices around version control, testing, and automated build processes
- Highly proficient with Node.js
- Highly proficient in developing effective UIs using frontend frameworks, like React or AngularJS and Bootstrap
- Experienced with AWS or other Cloud Services (CloudFormation, Lambda, ECS, EC2, IAM, RDS, and Cognito are especially desired)
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies as required good communicator with practical decision-making skills; a believer in good comments and documentation
- BA/BS required (major in an analytical field desired)
- A minimum of 4 to 6+ years’ work-related experience.
- Experience in hands-on development of software applications for the Web in a professional environment
More about you
- Strong analytical thinking and structured problem-solving ability
- Experience using libraries and frameworks where it makes sense, while still understanding how each line in your code base works
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Ethos of continuous improvement and interest in learning new things
- Strong ability to understand and internalize the big-picture and broader implications
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skill with the ability to work with a diverse set of colleagues, across functions, from different organizations, disciplines, etc.
- Self-starter, ability to set priorities, work independently and attain goals
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.