The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Sales Coordinator for our SpringBoard program. This position is based in the our southwest regional office, in Austin, Texas. This is a 2 year term position with full benefits. The term position could potentially be extended.
About the College Board
We are a mission focused organization that believes that investing in education - is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators; and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just few. Our work falls broadly into three categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, and Advocacy.
SpringBoard is the College Board’s comprehensive instructional program in English Language Arts and Mathematics for all students in grades 6-12. Developed by teachers, for teachers, SpringBoard offers research-based instructional strategies and practices that provide a clear road map forward and helps students take ownership of and accountability for their own learning. SpringBoard is in complete alignment with state standards, Advanced Placement® (AP®) coursework, and the SAT® Suite of Assessments. Combining high-quality instructional materials, formative and summative assessments, and exemplary professional learning, SpringBoard prepares students for Advanced Placement and success in college and beyond.
About Your Role
You will be an integral part of the SpringBoard sales team working to support the consultative sales process by providing data and analytics to the Sales Manager and program specialists. You will collaborate on the development of customized solution proposals and supporting materials at appropriate points in the sales process. You will handle questions from the field, and initiates sales contacts as necessary to drive the sale of 6-12 education products and services.
What you’ll do
- Manage, maintain and report on sales activity within assigned regions and assist SpringBoard Senior Director and the the SpringBoard sales team with pipeline management.
- Pre-qualify in-bound sales inquiries; share responsibility for identifying new solution sales opportunities via phone, e-mail and direct mail.
- Initiate contacts with prospective customers via phone, e-mail and direct mail to drive the sale of SpringBoard program and services.
- Maintain CRM data on market opportunities.
- Generate reports that support sales efforts.
- Perform ongoing sales research in conjunction with SpringBoard and marketing staff.
- Research and develop competitive market information for internal intelligence.
- Serve as liaison and/or internal point-of-contact for SpringBoard sales managers regarding their needs while in the field.
- Serve as liaison and/or point-of-contact for program staff and other internal departments.
- Plan and coordinate quarterly meetings and account planning meetings.
- Share responsibility for developing custom proposals and sales collateral.
- Track and monitor district requests for presentations and other documents or requests related to district level adoptions in key state adoption states.
- Plan and coordinate logistics for training of SB staff and SB trainers.
- Prepare and ship materials for district presentations.
- Maintain stock and inventory of SB materials in Regional Office.
- Schedule SB trainers/coaches/presenters for state/district adoption presentations.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 1 -3 years of progressive experience in sales support, sales marketing or communications.
More about you
- Knowledge of marketing/sales.
- Technical skill related to use of CRM system (experience with Salesforce a plus)
- Knowledge of general business software applications
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and to work as part of a team
- Customer service skills (internal and external)
- Detail oriented
- Problem resolution skills
- Organizational/time management skills
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.