Art Director Lead
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Art Director to support our Brand Experience team. This position is based in our New York City headquarters. In this role you will work on several omni-channel projects and develop user-friendly designs and interfaces for our audiences, students and education professionals
As Art Director Lead, you bring to our team your demonstrated ability to help develop and build a compelling, world-class, and digitally-focused visual strategy. We’re looking for a creative problem solver who can think strategically but is also a maker. You are able to react effectively to stakeholder feedback and findings from research in order to enhance the efficacy of your design approach. At the same time, you are able to persuade stakeholders to act in favor of on-brand, user-centric design decisions, and can demonstrate the impact of these decisions through thoughtful and compelling presentations and dialogue. While we work in a highly collaborative environment, we’re looking for someone who can also work independently, self-manage, and find ways and means to support our goals. If you are adaptable, service-oriented, and dedicated to being an advocate for our users through great design, then we want to work with you.
What you’ll do
- Lead the ideation and design of projects from start to finish within a team of visual and user-experience designers.
- Collaborate with UX and content strategy leads to implement branding and visual direction across a range of digital experiences.
- Work hands-on within a fast-paced iterative design environment.
- Ability to plan out work (phases and activities that are needed), and coordinate with project managers to estimate LOEs and sequencing to inform project planning.
- Lead the further visual identity development for our growing college planning tools.
- Develop strong stories to present and communicate design strategy to stakeholders, and team members.
- Support research and audience validation efforts, developing prototypes and testing artifacts to determine the success of your design approaches in real world situations.
- Coordinate with project management and design team to ensure timely delivery of design artifacts.
- Help foster an environment for collaboration by partnering with business and other creative units to align visual design approach with project goals, and the College Board brand.
- A portfolio of your work included in your application.
- Hands-on experience in design or interaction design for agency or in-house team.
- Advanced understanding of visual design systems, hierarchy, typography, aesthetics, illustration, photography, and composition.
- You have a solid understanding of UI design principles and best practices
- Experience with designing web-based applications and tools, with a background in designing dashboards, systems, and complex UI.
- Experience working with brand level design systems
- Pixel perfect attention to detail.
- Appetite for problem solving and a love for fast-paced environments.
- Demonstrable experience designing for large-scale, omni-channel applications.
- Sharp design sensibilities, critical thinking, and an eye for details.
- Fluency in creating visual content for mobile, responsive design.
- Experience in, familiarity with working in agile, or iterative design and delivery environments.
- Familiarity with user-centered research, such as usability testing, contextual inquiry, and field interviews.
- Experience in designing for accessibility.
- Mastery of industry standard design tools, e.g. Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, et al.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous
retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit
membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are
the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the
workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and
SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted