Senior Visual Designer, Brand Experience
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Visual Designer, Brand Experience to support our Brand Experience team. This position is based in our New York City headquarters. Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies in 2015, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. We are seeking a Senior Visual Designer to join our Brand Experience team in the New York office.
You are a maker. You bring to our team your demonstrated ability to design compelling, digitally-focused, concepts and experiences. You have a strong background in visual and interaction design, with a keen eye towards typography, composition, and color. We’re looking for someone who can work independently, self-manage, and find innovative ways and means to support our goals. If you are adaptable, service-oriented, and dedicated to being an advocate for our users through great design, then we want to work with you
What you’ll do
- Lead the UI and visual design for our college planning tools and features.
- Implement branding and visual direction across a range of digital experiences, while collaborating with UX and content strategy leads.
- Work hands-on within a fast-paced iterative design environment.
- Create on-brand data visualizations and work with the College Board pattern library
- Develop strong stories to present and communicate visual design strategy to stakeholders, and team members.
- Create prototypes and testing artifacts in support of research and audience validation efforts, to determine the success of design approaches.
- Coordinate with project management and the design team to ensure timely delivery of design artifacts.
- Help foster an environment of collaboration by partnering with business and creative teams to align the visual design approach with project goals.
- A portfolio of your work showcasing visual and interaction design included in your application.
- Mastery of industry standard design tools, e.g. Sketch, Adobe CC Suite, Invision, et al.
- Hands-on experience in visual and interaction design for agency or in-house team.
- Knowledge of UI design principles and best practices, and how to apply across platforms
- Have experience taking complex ideas and presenting them in a straight forward, simple design.
- Worked with established design systems
- Advanced understanding of visual design systems, hierarchy, typography, illustration, photography, and composition.
- Experience working with brand level design systems and pattern libraries.
- Pixel perfect attention to detail.
- Fluency in creating visual content for mobile, responsive design.
- Experience in, familiarity with working in agile, or iterative design and delivery environments.
- Familiarity with user-centered research, such as usability testing, contextual inquiry, and field interviews.
- Experience in designing for accessibility.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous
retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.