UX Design Lead
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a UX Design Lead. This position is based in our New York Office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization, and powerful force in the lives of American students. To fulfill our purpose of clearing a path for students to own their future, we offer access, opportunity, and excellence to millions of students each year. Over the past five years, the College Board has been undergoing a transformation. We’ve redesigned the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, and many AP courses and exams, and we’ve introduced the PSAT 10, PSAT 8/9, and Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy, all with great success.
The College Board is looking to bring on a UX Design Lead to help build out the future of our digital ecosystem. The Designer is charged with fully understanding the business and operational details of our organization as a basis for designing digital solutions. You will work closely with our Program Owners to understand their needs and can guide the creative team in finding solutions that achieve business goals and serve user needs.
The UX Design Lead is not just a thinker, but also a maker. You will lead the development of presentation materials (Keynote, PowerPoint, Google Slides) and can distill complex information into focused and impactful presentations. You should be skilled and comfortable with presenting to a range of leadership levels, from Program Owners to the Executive Leadership Team, earning buy-in for the work in a manner that instills confidence in leadership at the College Board.
What you’ll do:
- Analysis of business and technical requirements
- Partner with design researchers to answer design research questions and translate findings into user interface.
- Creation of user personas and other methodologies for defining target audience, and user needs.
- Creation of user journeys and flows to capture current and future states of user pathways.
- Design of information architecture and compelling user interfaces.
- Development of wireframes, interaction prototypes, specifications and other design documents to communicate design ideas to project teams.
- Lead user testing and stakeholder reviews to validate the efficacy of these solutions, with support from
dedicated design researchers.
- Create of strategic materials and demos to internal and external teams.
- Coordinate with project management and design team to ensure timely delivery of design artifacts
- A significant contribution to, and the fostering of our design process and quality standards based on objective, data-driven evidence.
- Forming and maintaining solid relationships with project team members and stakeholders.
- Foster a collaborative and learning environment by partnering with stakeholders and facilitating design decisions to optimize for the user experience while balancing interests within technology, marketing, business, and executive partners. Be the "voice of the customer," representing user needs in product design decisions.
- A strong negotiator that is willing to collaborate and find a middle ground.
- Someone who is dedicated and passionate about our non-profit mission.
- A great storyteller both with words and visualizations.
- Effective, but easy-going – someone that is fun to work with and really thrives in a collaborative
- A leader that is not afraid to speak up about what they feel is important, but also is strategic in picking
- A person with a good sense of humor who isn’t afraid to try and fail (or to try and succeed!)
- Have experience in, familiarity with working in agile, or iterative design and delivery environments.
- Able to provide relevant case studies and a portfolio of your work
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted