Partnership Specialist, Florida
One-year term position with annual renewal based on contract. Current term through September 2020.
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Partnership Specialist, Florida who will be a key member of the Florida and Southern Regional State and District Partnerships teams. This position is based in our Sunrise, Florida office.
About your role
Provide overall operational and administrative support for the state partnerships; assist with program and customer service needs of Florida districts and schools as assigned; serve as point of contact for customer service issue resolution, billing reconciliation, AP processing, fulfilling data requests, and other duties as assigned. This position is a term position and would report directly to the Senior Director of Partnership Operations.
What you'll do
- Provide assistance to the Florida staff as needed, to include assistance with outreach; complete projects as assigned.
- Serve as escalation point of contact for issues relating to customer service resolution to include, but not limited to: working with appropriate units to resolve billing issues, implementation issues, requests for materials, shipping issues, ordering test booklets, or score reports.
Operations & Administration
- Provide a wide variety of administrative tasks that may include access to private and confidential matters that require using discretion, including originating and editing presentations, managing information in databases, coordinating distribution of information and material with internal and external entities, processing requests for information, preparing various reports to include monthly FL DOE reports and supporting invoice documentation, maintaining files, and budget forecasting for Florida staff within the College Board Accounting System.
- Responsible for support with the following budgeting activities which include: invoicing; tracking income/expenses; preparing and submitting monthly budget reports; and maintaining general financial records in electronic format.
- Under the guidance of the Senior Director of Partnership Operations, handle data requests from the FL DOE and other external entities; develop and produce standard data reports; synthesize data in a summative and cohesive manner; produce ppt or documents sowing data comparisons and basic assumptions; preparation of data for annual state deliveries to the FL DOE, as well as research on Florida enrollment, FSA, and other demographics as needed; and other duties as assigned.
- Consistently and effectively utilize all College Board systems available for the purpose of producing and tracking reports as necessary.
- Work with the meeting planning unit in facilitating the scheduling and support for private professional workshops and events in Florida, including working with the district in completing event forms, utilizing the College Board event management tool (Cvent), and providing post-workshop/event data and follow-up.
Maintains regular contact with Florida regional and program staff for the purpose of giving and receiving information, coordinating activities, scheduling, and collaborating to produce work.
Maintains contact with SDP staff and community members (e.g., discipline/assessment experts, teachers, school administrators, development committee members), Florida districts/schools, consultants, vendors and other business-related external partners and collaborators, usually by phone or e-mail, with the purpose of providing and requesting information, solving problems, and furthering the reputation, mission and effectiveness of The SDP Division and The College Board.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Three to five years of experience working for a senior level executive
More about you
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent command of the English language, including impeccable grammar and spelling
- Ability to understand and maintain the propriety of information
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions quickly and effectively
- Ability to effectively set priorities and handle multiple situations and projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Concur Expense Reporting System
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Research skills, including online research techniques
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes four weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board and you meet out qualifications, we encourage you to view our current opportunities at https://www.collegeboard.org/about/careers/job-listings.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted. This position will be subject to a background check.
The College Board is dedicated to the principle of equal opportunity and its programs, services and employment policies are guided by that principle.