Senior Creative Strategy Lead
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Sr. Creative Strategy LeadThis position is based in our New York City headquarters.
The College Board is a not for profit organization committed to clearing a path for all students to own their future. Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies in the world, the College Board connects students to college success and opportunity. Each year, the College Board helps more than seven million students prepare for a successful transition to college through programs and services in college readiness and college success — including the SAT and the Advanced Placement Program. The organization also serves the education community through research and advocacy on behalf of students, educators and schools.
The College Board is looking to bring on a Senior Creative Strategy Lead to build out a new Creative Strategy discipline that will change the way we approach designing cross-channel solutions. We are looking for someone who knows how to build a team and who believes in the power of teaching by doing. Every person on our team is a maker, and we believe that the process of making advances the skill sets of our craft.
The Senior Creative Strategy Lead is charged with fully understanding the business and operational details of our organization as a basis for designing cross-channel solutions. You will work closely with the Program Owners to understand their needs in order to guide creative solution's rooted in business goals and user needs. As a discipline lead, you will work closely with other discipline leads (Design Research, UX, Content Strategy, Visual Design, Project Management, Development), to help define and refine the role, intersection points, collaboration model, and hand off process for Creative Strategy in the context of a cross-functional working team.
Additionally, the Senior Director of Creative Strategy will work closely with the Executive Director of Brand Experience on a variety of special projects. This will entail in-person work sessions and brainstorms followed by deck creation and presentations to senior and executive-level management. You should be skilled and comfortable with presenting to a range of leadership levels, from Program Owners to the Executive Leadership Team, to drive buy-in for the work in a manner that instills confidence in leadership at the College Board.
What you’ll do:
- Develop strategic principles or pillars at the start of an engagement to guide the creative approach
- Drive alignment within the team and with Program Owners; championing design ideas that fulfill organizational goals
- Act as a connecting thread between the Research, UX, Content Strategy, Visual Design, and Project Management disciplines
- Partner with Design Research, UX, Content Strategy, and Project Management discipline leads to formalize how this new discipline will interact with other discipline roles
- Design presentations that communicate the thinking behind our approach in a way that is clear, succinct, and tailored to the presentation audience
- Pitch in on project work where needed, while continuously working on the large-scale project of improving how we work across the team
- A natural leader looking to build a new discipline within an older organization and isn’t afraid of taking on large-scale systemic change (with the necessary support)
- A strong negotiator that is willing to collaborate and find a middle ground
- Someone who is dedicated and passionate about our non-profit mission
- A great storyteller both with words and visualizations
- Have experience in, familiarity with working in agile, or iterative design and delivery environments.
- Effective, but easy-going – someone that is fun to work with and really thrives in a collaborative environment
- A leader that is not afraid to speak up about what they feel is important, but also is strategic in picking their battles
- A person with a good sense of humor who isn’t afraid to try and fail (or succeed!)
- Able to provide relevant case studies and a portfolio of your work
- Have a minimum of 7 years experience in this or a related field
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board is dedicated to the principle of equal opportunity, and its programs, services, and employment policies are guided by that principle.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.