Director, Communications and Marketing Project Management
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for Director, Marketing Project Management for CM Operations & Production department. This position is based in our New York city headquarters.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization, and powerful force in the lives of American students. To fulfill our purpose of clearing a path for students to own their future, we offer access, opportunity, and excellence to millions of students each year. Over the past five years, the College Board has been undergoing a transformation. We’ve redesigned the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, and many AP courses and exams, and we’ve introduced the PSAT 10, PSAT 8/9, and Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy, all with great success.
Individuals in this role should have experience in defining, planning, scheduling and controlling project activities, applying creative and strategic thinking and project management skills to satisfy project requirements and should be able to proactively identify and manage risk. Problem solving and the ability to adapt current processes to meet campaign goals and requirements are essential elements of this position.
What you’ll do
- Accountable for the execution, management and quality control of campaigns, publications, and multiple concurrent projects from concept to completion, ensuring all project goals and brand requirements are met
- Proactively communicates with project owners about production recommendations, risks, challenges, and solutions
- Drives collaboration and execution across groups
- Manages assigned projects to ensure that site content is current and accurate, acting both as an individual contributor and by leading or directing the work of other functional staff
- Exercises independent judgement and creatively addressing issues and ambiguous situations as they arise
- Employs a proactive approach toward project management, identifying needs that campaign owners may not recognize, ensuring that approaches and solutions are linked to goals, brand guidelines, and future needs
- Serves as a main interface on projects, clarifying strategic requirements, explains complex ideas clearly, and manages expectations
- Builds consensus across multiple parties to effectively deliver user-centric campaigns, projects, publications and product C
- Clearly defines scope, roles, responsibilities and expectations at the onset of each project. Identify and escalate any scheduling issues, including rush projects, missed deadlines, etc.
- Creates and maintains detailed project plans and associated project deliverables. Ensures that projects are delivered on time, within budget and per quality standards.
- Maintains regular contact with staff in own and other departments with the purpose of coordinating schedules and tasks, ensuring that work products meet time, budget, and performance goals.
- Collaboration and coordination with creative agencies
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PMP certification strongly preferred
- Minimum of five to seven years of progressively responsible work experience
More About You
- Demonstrates initiative and innovation; identifies and supports ways to improve processes through technology or new ways of thinking
- Highly organized, efficient and experienced in leading multiple projects, with attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities, manage workload in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.