Director, Strategic Finance
The Strategic Finance Director will inform strategic decision making across the organization through insightful data analysis, sophisticated modeling, and thoughtful presentation of results. The Director will work closely with colleagues across the College Board to deliver actionable business intelligence. This position is based in the New York office.
What you will do:
- Evaluate and improve forecasting methodologies used across the organization, including – where appropriate – direct ownership of forecasts for select metrics (e.g., owning the development of a program’s key volumes forecasts)
- Develop models that estimate financial and non-financial impacts of future risks and opportunities.
- Design and execute hypothesis driven data analyses to inform specific strategic objectives.
- Design and lead analytic work streams, which may include new product business case development, total cost of ownership analyses, and/or budgeting and targeted cost reduction exercises.
- Deeply grasp the economics of the College Board, including revenue and expense drivers, key performance indicators, and recent historical trends and ensure that programs and service units have information to apply these insights to their work.
- Develop materials (e.g., PPT, data visualization dashboards, etc.) to present and communicate key findings
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience in business, management / strategy consulting, or finance is required
- Excellent quantitative and financial analysis skills including ability to envision, orchestrate and execute complex analyses (e.g. multi-variate and regression analysis)
- Ability to apply financial analysis to address questions of strategy
- Ability to break down complex problems, distinguish essential and secondary issues, and deliver creative insights.
- Strong ability to communicate complex financial analysis effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, across lines of difference
- Command of Excel (including pivot tables, and advanced functions)
- Experience with statistical tools (e.g. R, Stata, SPSS, SAS) and visualization tools (PowerPoint, Tableau, Power BI) preferred but not required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to move deftly between big picture and details
- Comfort with concurrently managing multiple ongoing projects in different phases
- Thrives with detail and deadlines
This position reports to Senior Director, Strategic Finance
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.