Sr. Director of Creative Strategy
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Sr. Director of Creative Strategy This position is based in our New York City headquarters.
The Senior Director of Creative Strategy will help build out the future of our digital ecosystem. 2019 is going to be a big year of change for the College Board and we need someone who can think big picture about the future of our digital platforms, and at the same time is able to go deep into the details for how to get it done. We are looking for someone who is a systems-thinker and has experience developing large-scale, multi-platform ecosystems that deliver on an end-to-end experience for each of our audience-types.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization, and powerful force in the lives of American students. To fulfill our purpose of clearing a path for students to own their future, we offer access, opportunity, and excellence to millions of students each year. Over the past five years, the College Board has been undergoing a transformation. We’ve redesigned the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, and many AP courses and exams, and we’ve introduced the PSAT 10, PSAT 8/9, and Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy, all with great success.
The Senior Lead Creative Strategist is charged with fully understanding the business and operational details of our organization as a basis for designing digital solutions. You will work closely with our Program Owners to understand their needs and can guide the creative team in finding solutions that achieve business goals and serve user needs. Working in a cross-functional team (Design Research, UX, Content Strategy, Visual Design, Project Management, Development), you have a solid understanding of the different disciplines and can lead the planning and sequencing of creative work to ensure a project’s success, partnering with a Project Manager to develop the plans and timelines.
The Senior Lead Creative Strategist is not just a thinker, but also a maker. You will lead the development of presentation materials (Keynote, PowerPoint, Google Slides) and can distill complex information into focused and impactful presentations. You should be skilled and comfortable with presenting to a range of leadership levels, from Program Owners to the Executive Leadership Team, earning buy-in for the work in a manner that instills confidence in leadership at the College Board.
What you’ll do:
- Develop strategic principles or pillars at the start of an engagement to guide the creative approach
- Drive alignment within the team and with Program Owners; championing design ideas that fulfill project KPIs
- Act as a connecting thread between the Research, UX, Content Strategy, Visual Design, and Project Management roles
- Partner with Design Research to transform research insights into new product and feature concepts
- Partner with UX to lead creative workshops, producing high-level sketches of concepts to inform the creative direction
- Partner with Content Strategy to weave the page design and content together in a meaningful and cohesive way
- Partner with Project Management to design project structures and sequence the work in the most efficient and effective ways
- Design presentations that communicate the thinking behind our design approach in a way that is clear and succinct
- A strong negotiator that is willing to collaborate and find a middle ground
- Someone who is dedicated and passionate about our non-profit mission
- A great storyteller both with words and visualizations
- Effective, but easy-going – someone that is fun to work with and really thrives in a collaborative environment
- A leader that is not afraid to speak up about what they feel is important, but also is strategic in picking their battles
- A person with a good sense of humor who isn’t afraid to try and fail (or to try and succeed!)
- Have experience in, familiarity with working in agile, or iterative design and delivery environments.
- Able to provide relevant case studies and a portfolio of your work
- Have a minimum of 7 years experience in this or a related field
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.